DIY - My first P-weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first P-weight was poured directly into a steel backplate :D
Made barriers of aluminium tape and sand to each end and taped over the holes and other slots.

Worked well, but it sure wasn't as good looking as yours :p

Now when i need specialized weights i make the mold of wood and cover it with aluminium tape, sometimes it also needs aluminium foil. Again, works well but my creations aren't getting any beauty points.

Here is one of my DIY weights for double 7 liter tanks.
It's made so it would be easy to move around so the perfect balance point could be found faster.

Thanks for sharing. After molding how hard is it to remove the steel rod? Also what’s the duck tape (?) for on your weights?

Removing the rod needed a bit of hard love but wasn't too hard with a hammer.

There is rubber sheet between the tanks and the weight, tape is there keeping the rubber in place long enough that the weight is placed for long term position

Nice Heka, it works, I've never made one, and it still gets the silver paint award
I'm putting together a couple of Faber 232bar 7L twinsets
I'll keep you in mind, ha ha ha ha ha!
Magnificent thanks!

Going the STA route, how much lead were you able to add?
my STA has about 6lbs in it. The V weight I made for doubles has 8lbs of lead

0F27DC56-477A-4F24-816F-FF21489C19E5.png
I run a highland v weight pouch with lead shots, runs around 4lb, I also rigged up a double set of these. Mount them with sex bolts through existing holes in the plate. Got the local sail maker to punch some brass collets in some 2” webbing. Works a treat and easy as.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom