Not vintage just old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dizzi Lizzi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
99DF2493-F973-4F8D-B9E0-66DB70E543C2.jpeg 63FD12CF-F799-4C1E-9A46-CD2CC8C4FD81.jpeg B583E75B-0798-4339-B5CB-0A1CE7DA0D81.jpeg 3CD4DC80-BA57-401F-9864-926B77BA3900.jpeg 99DF2493-F973-4F8D-B9E0-66DB70E543C2.jpeg 63FD12CF-F799-4C1E-9A46-CD2CC8C4FD81.jpeg I was given some gear from a friend who hasn’t dove since the 90’s. The winner was the Catalina 80 that is out for hydro! There was also a bottom timer, 1st and 2nd stages, a us divers aqua lung bcd. Can someone give me info re the regs? Google is getting me nowhere.

30 year old museum pieces. Hang them on a wall or use them as paper weights or door stops.
40+

Get the reg rebuilt and dive it. NO, they are not new Scubapro's, but it is not a death trap either. Look for cracks in the plastic where the hose enters the second stage, if cracked, throw it out.

Is ocean quest the model or the company? Do they still exist?

If anyone wants this stuff it’s yours for the cost of shipping. There is also a calypso us divers/aqua lung BCD with torn inflator hose. Pm me if interested

If no takers I will have fun dismantling them to see what’s what.

If no takers I will have fun dismantling them to see what’s what.

And that's how it starts...

Soon you are hunched over a dismantled reg in a room full of scuba gear in various states of repair, and corrosponsing over the Internet about advice and parts with the likes of Herman, couv, and buddasummer. Like the rest of us.

And that's how it starts...

Soon you are hunched over a dismantled reg in a room full of scuba gear in various states of repair, and corrosponsing over the Internet about advice and parts with the likes of Herman, couv, and buddasummer. Like the rest of us.

:rofl3: I can see that happening. I asked my lds to let me watch them do the vip and service the valve on that 80. Easy peasy. Can’t wait for my 72 j valve to need service,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom