First regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NCK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
If looking for a first (well second but I didn't dive for years) set of regs that were rated for cold water, not super heavy(for travel), and breath well/ adjustable, what would you be looking at? I'd prefer to buy once, cry once. I don't want to replace a couple years down the road. Just fun diving no tech or anything like that. But I do travel internationally about half the year so nothing that has very limited dealer network.

Not on a tight budget but don't want to pay for features I won't notice just fun diving. But I have no problem paying a bit more for higher quality/durability/comfort.

Thanks

If it's for cold water, has to last and money is not an issue: Poseidon Xstream. It is small and comes in fancy colors, too...

if we had the same pricing as the eu/uk for apeks, it would be the no brainer option. i would wait and see if deep 6 offers any deals for black friday. i know a few people very happy with their deep 6 scribbles.

if we had the same pricing as the eu/uk for apeks, it would be the no brainer option. i would wait and see if deep 6 offers any deals for black friday. i know a few people very happy with their deep 6 scribbles.

Agreed, our pricing for a xtx50 W a 40 octo is way higher from what I have seen.

My 4 years on Scuba Board has taught me that the answer is Apex X, Aqualung X, Atomic X, Deep 6, Dive Gear Express X, Dive Right in Scuba, Dive Rite X, Hog X, Poseidon X, Scuba Pro X, etc. I use a Deep 6 Signature setup and love it. People I dive with here in New England use any of the afore mentioned and love them. As long as it is rated for cold water you probably won’t notice the difference. Which, for that reason, @runsongas recommendation of the Deep 6 Scribble would be a good choice, or Dive Right in Scuba’s house brand would be my other choice. The real question that is going to come up soon is...traditional rec octo setup or primary on a long hose? I’m not really asking, I just wanted to be the first to post it this time.

Erik

Scubapro mk17/g260 or Apeks XTX50 would be pretty high on my list to meet your criteria.
I agree.
Mk17/g260 is sometimes on sale with a free octupus.
Both are good.
Poseidon is very good aswell. But a bit more on the expensive side

I just dove my Deep6 signature regs today for the first time for my refresher course and they performed flawlessly. It's my first ever set of regulators and I haven't been diving in decades. I am very happy with my purchase...

What are your thoughts on Sherwood? Looks like Blizzard + octo runs about $550 + spg (probably under $700 all in). On the other hand if spending 700 it's not really a big deal to spend a bit more and get the Mk17/g260 or Apeks 50/40, etc.

Your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom