How dry is a Pinnacle Black Ice dry suit supposed to be???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just dot burp it on the surface...In other words I leave the air in it when I put it on... Maybe that is not enough...

I get the condensation part but I am pouring half gallon of water out of each leg..
That's more than is reasonable, I'll give you that.

Never add air got the valves capped off.
Whoah!

I just dot burp it on the surface...In other words I leave the air in it when I put it on... Maybe that is not enough...

35 ft is about maxed out but most of my dives are 20 ft or less. Max depth yester was 15 ft..
I start puffing gas into my suit only a couple meters below the surface. Anything else is just plain uncomfortable.

Besides, you basically don't have to work your wing (BCD) inflator if you take care of squeeze early and often. Short-term, that is. The wing is for long-term buoyancy swings, typically less gas in your tank.

Some valves will leak if there is sufficient underpressure. I would absolutely say that not connecting and properly using your suit might be the cause of your leaks.

Also... the thing that keeps you warm in a drysuit is partly the air in the suit. So If your are not going to use the drysuit the way a drysuit is supposed to be used... Why not use a wetsuit?

I am not doing normal scuba diving per se and I think a disconnect happens when I talk about how we set our gear up ..There is a big reason we dont use air in the suits. Current...95 % of the time there is no such thing as being neutral...I was planted to the bottom yesterday with 50 LBS of lead and zero air in my wing .

Nice bottles , If you had suit leak tested , zipper is OK , I would think you are just cracking your seals as you rummage around down there , that cross shoulder zipper design holds a lot of air around your neck and as you shuffle around it is escaping and water rushes in , do you hear the air escaping around your head ?

Back
Top Bottom