Which fish is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
FishID_1.20.1.png
Hey Folks
Attaching a screengrab. Help me ID this.

FishID_1.20.1.png

Thanks!

"Which fish is this?"

That's Mike...wait, I take that back, I believe that's Darren. Hard to tell for sure, they look so similar.

-Z

Hey Folks
Attaching a screengrab. Help me ID this.

View attachment 624502

Thanks!

You do realize there are at least 4 to 5 different species of fish in the picture you posted, don't ya?
-Z

Reactions: Ana
"Which fish is this?"

That's Mike...wait, I take that back, I believe that's Darren. Hard to tell for sure, they look so similar.

-Z
It's Jeff. Do they need to wear name tags? SMH....

To the OP, can you tell us a little more, like where in the world you saw them, how deep, and any other details? Knowing a location will help immensely.

They are just one type of fish as far as I can tell. This was taken in Indonesia prolly around 20-25m depth.

They are just one type of fish as far as I can tell. This was taken in Indonesia prolly around 20-25m depth.

Well there are other fish in the picture, but the predominant school appears to be a Bluestripe Snapper (I'm thinking they look less yellow due to depth)

ETA: That bream above seems to be a better guess...

Thank you. That must be it!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom