Proud Bird

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
How I flew home on Saturday…all the crew were also Continental people. Gosh I miss them. I had no idea they still had one in the old colors!

Dave Dillehay
Proud Bird.jpeg

I remember being on a flight and they announced that one of the flight attendants was celebrating her 60th year anniversary with United. Turns out she started with Continental and was there for the transition from the propeller age to the jet age.

I would have thought that they had repainted all of those. I so miss Continental.

I would have that they had repainted all of those. I so miss Continental.

Dandy…I so understand your sentiments as they are mine. Maybe only us old timers remember when Continental was renewed as the best Airline in the US, and the only one serving Cozumel. You can imagine my shock at the gate when I saw the Continental jet pull in! Then all the crew were seasoned Continental employees…it was a party.

Dave

I would have that they had repainted all of those. I so miss Continental.
Yo tambien. I flew on Continental almost exclusively for many years. Their staff on Cozumel were the friendliest and most helpful airline employees I encountered anywhere. Yeah, I miss Continental, too.

I grew up in NJ so we flew Continental a lot, EWR was/is a hub. I moved to CO in 1995 so when I flew back to see my parents I always flew Continental. Fast forward to 2008 and I had a consulting gig. I flew to EWR weekly from Denver. Flew out every Monday morning, flew back every Thursday night. I was sooooo pissed when I heard the news of the United-Continental merger. United sucks.

Yo tambien. I flew on Continental almost exclusively for many years. Their staff on Cozumel were the friendliest and most helpful airline employees I encountered anywhere. Yeah, I miss Continental, too.

Yup...miss them so much!

I miss the Gordon Bethune speech before take off. He was an amazing guy. I miss everything about the old Continental. I still have all my Elite bag tags from 1989 to the dreaded change over. Anyone remember those plastic tags? I used to loan them to friends! Flew from EWR to IAH every Mon then back on Thurs for about 10 years. I’m still freaked out when I see all those United signs.

Back
Top Bottom