Relocating to the Great State of Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello sonny.
We'd like one early bird special, 2 plates and one happy hour wine, 2 glasses. And if you're quick with it there may just be a shiny new quarter in it for you.

I waited tables in FL in college. Thanksgiving through Easter was a dreadful time.

I had two old snowbird ladies who would ask to sit in my section at least once per week in the winter. They ordered one fish and chips platter, I had to have the kitchen staff split on two plates. They would not accept one split side salad. They wanted two whole side salads. But refused to pay upcharge. They brought their own decaf coffee in a thermos, but used restaurant cream and sugar. They sent the fish and chips back 50% of the time because it was "too greasy". They complained to my manager that I was slow 25% of the time. Their bill was always $8 and change. They always left me a $10 bill.

So, therefore, snowbirds can go back to where ever they came from.

I waited tables in FL in college. Thanksgiving through Easter was a dreadful time.

I had two old snowbird ladies who would ask to sit in my section at least once per week in the winter. They ordered one fish and chips platter, I had to have the kitchen staff split on two plates. They would not accept one split side salad. They wanted two whole side salads. But refused to pay upcharge. They brought their own decaf coffee in a thermos, but used restaurant cream and sugar. They sent the fish and chips back 50% of the time because it was "too greasy". They complained to my manager that I was slow 25% of the time. Their bill was always $8 and change. They always left me a $10 bill.

So, therefore, snowbirds can go back to where ever they came from.
That was last year?

:rofl3:

Mid 1990s. I'm sure the Decaf Ladies (tm) have since passed on to the great Bennigans in the sky.
No, they're probably still driving from Canada to Florida every year.

Dealing with the public, in general, is dreadful, regardless of where you are.

I was a line cook and, later, a waiter, for a time in college, at an Italian place in Sausalito, CA -- the land of the worst nose jobs (Marin County) and of the most entitled people on earth; and had to deal with the regular customers' most ridiculous food fetishes and imagined allergies, which shifted from week to week, based upon, what I suppose, was mood -- truly, a First World problem.

One flirty one in particular, described herself as a "locavore?" as though it were a question, and was vocal that only Sonoma County grass-fed beef would not unduly affect symptoms of her "change" (which, frankly, must have begun when the Beatles were still touring); and she hinted, in no uncertain terms, that she no longer required birth control -- wink, wink, nudge, nudge -- also demanded to know the source of the restaurant's fish and poultry (that they only dealt with a "ethical butchers") and that the produce in her salads, were certain to be grown less than fifty miles away; never mind, that her frequent bottles of 100.00 prosecco and 10.00 liters of San Pellegrino, were all shipped from Italy . . .

Well it looks like it is finally a reality. House in Illinois is sold and closes in 17 days hooray. Then it is on the road to Port Charlotte should be in the area by the 13th. So I would like some info on diving in the area where is good and who is good to go out with. Also I am hoping to get over and dive BHB ASAP I have wanted to do that for a long time. Can't wait to live in the land of year around diving.

Welcome Home.... You ever need a dive buddy, let me know. Always looking for new people to dive with. I did my IDC in Port Charlotte before Jim sold the shop. I am up in the Lakeland Area, and can travel anywhere.

Year round diving! AND....

Year round road rage.

Year round rednecks.

Year round mowing.

Year round traffic.

Year round sea level rise.

Piggly Wiggly stores.

(Life long FL resident)

I am a Native Californian, (yes I admit that) and live in the heart of Florida Rednecks. They really do not bother me at all, expect the over use of crappy beer. But seriously, rage road, traffic, Piggly Wiggly... Far better here in FL then other places I have lived like Cali, Colorado (hate this place) or Wisconsin.

They weren't Canadian. Canadians tipped well, and are too polite to complain.

Cheers, No more Canadians. They are all paranoid over this Corona thing. They apparently have specials laws up there to visit us now. Sadly there where 40% of our tourist business, but we do not expect there numbers to come back for 3-5 years.

Yay Canadian less for 5 years!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom