Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Carnival understands the future. They have scrapped 12 of their monster boats…that means scrap iron.

Dave
FWIW, the report I read just said that they were selling 18 of their ships, not scrapping them.

I wonder if those lifeboats would be fun?

"Among the ships being recycled at Aliaga, are three Carnival cruise liners — Inspiration, Imagination and Fantasy, which had just been refurbished in 2019. The world’s largest cruise company reported a loss of $2.9 billion in the quarter ending on Aug. 31 and announced that it would remove 13 of its older, less efficient ships from its global fleet."

merlin_178936905_ecf47623-135a-485e-98b4-0446c7379b5d-articleLarge.jpg

merlin_178936878_12c8a5d8-8e58-45d7-a4de-3131360f440a-articleLarge.jpg

Well, I bet they snatch up those that are financially viable and not those being scraped.

I should add that technically, most hedge funds didn't buy homes directly out of foreclosure at auction, they bought pools of defunct non-performing residential mortgage loans in foreclosure that were bundled and packaged for sale. There was a time when a pool of defunct resi mortgage notes was going for about 33 cents on the $1 book balance owed on the first pass. Second and third passes after filtration would get down to 13 cents on the $1. Yeah, the hedge funds had armies of attorneys that had to complete foreclosure on each and every home loan in the pools they purchased but the kicker was this... Lots of those homes were virtually brand new homes built and were sold to people under the no-doc / low-doc applications that relied on nothing more stated personal income. Anyone could state whatever they wanted and they were often coached to state a certain amount of income by their mortgage co's who then bundled and sold the piles of crap to the Investment Banks who then bundled it again into massive pools and paid off rating agencies to rate the pools into a waterfall with credit tranches AAA down to junk that they then sold throughout the global MBS market. That is what caused the Great Recession in the first place... When all that crap went belly up and everyone realized the credit ratings of the various tranches of the pools that were built were meaningless because it was all crap... All lipstick put on the biggest financial scam and pig of our time. They even enhanced the pools with "default insurance" on a portion of the lower tranches. Default insurance? LOL! When it came time to file a claim against those policies the insurance companies who wrote those policies laughed and said "Get in line, we're broke".
Off topic once again! And wrong.

Where might I find updated info on what percent capacity the resorts and boats will be operating at in December. If you have a website I’ll bookmark it so I don’t keep asking the same question.

Where might I find updated info on what percent capacity the resorts and boats will be operating at in December. If you have a website I’ll bookmark it so I don’t keep asking the same question.

The Governor of Q Roo, Carlos, makes the announcement every week on Thursday at 8pm - it states what our color code and opening percentages are - I just follow him on Facebook and you see the posts - Facebook / Twitter are the news sources here. Please don't confuse them with the Federal government ones that come out on Fridays (the look a little different), Carlos is the dude here, what's on his page, what he says the rules are - that's what they are

Carlos Joaquín

He'll post two pictures, one for the south of Q Roo and one for the north, here's last weeks picture for the north:

124707980_3065162190383906_2830733290652834705_o.jpg

Thanks @ChuckP ! My Spanish isn't what it should be, but I got out of that resorts are at 60%, public transportation at 50% - but I didn't see the word 'bota'. Would they also be at 60%? I'm following him now - thanks so much!

They post an English version of the chart here. You have to scroll down a bit - and it says diving is at 60%. :)

They post an English version of the chart here. You have to scroll down a bit - and it says diving is at 60%. :)

Well that takes the fun of guessing out of it LOL.

Diving has been at 60% since back in September I think, been awhile.

I wonder if those lifeboats would be fun?
Those things are designed to keep people alive, nothing else. Imagine being crammed in there with a capacity load of seasick landlubbers in rough seas with no windows and limited ventilation. I think I'd rather take my chances out in the open with a life vest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom