Computers for farsightedness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I’m 50+ I can relate.....the Shearwater’s are the gold standard, either Perdix, Peregrine or a used Petrel. Big and bright, all you’ll ever need.

The other option if you only need the basics and money is a factor, Deepblu Cosmic have a large and easy to read led screen.

So I'm getting older and have been diving recreational for about 15 years and have had the same console computer, but now its getting a but difficult to read since I use reading glasses now so I want to invest in a new computer (and most likely a wrist one) and I was looking for suggestions on ones with an easy to read display. Wondering what some thoughts might be.
First get a mask with a bifocal lens. These are not that expensive and don't require any prescription. Choose a diopter 0.25-0.5 stronger than your usual reading glasses because we read gauges closer than we read books. If you only need mild correction like 1.75 there are gauge reader masks that work well.

Then as far as the computer get one with a full size display on the wrist with active colors. There are now several models to chose from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom