Egyptian Scuba Diver Sets World Record after Spending 6 Days Underwater in Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Long in the past a diver, raising money for the local rescue team, set the world record for longest dive in Spring Lake San Marcos, TX. It took a LOT of people to dive with him, fill/exchange the tanks, ... One of the limiting factors was that they had to keep him warm. Ended up buying a water heater and running a hose into his suit.

Set the record, didn't raise the amount of money expected and he swore never to do it again.

Ended up buying a water heater and running a hose into his suit.

Hot water suits are common in commercial diving and keep you reasonably comfortable but I've never used one for more than a couple of hours.

While eating and drinking is possible underwater, frequently done on long deco stops, and peeing is possible in a dry suit, there is a question of .... well number twos :eek:

An adult diaper might be good for for 6-12 hours, but SIX DAYS :confused:

Hot water suits are common in commercial diving and keep you reasonably comfortable but I've never used one for more than a couple of hours.

While eating and drinking is possible underwater, frequently done on long deco stops, and peeing is possible in a dry suit, there is a question of .... well number twos :eek:

An adult diaper might be good for for 6-12 hours, but SIX DAYS :confused:

It pains me to recall the memory, but the Warhammer maneuver would seem to be the solution.

Warhammer's claim to fame! | ScubaBoard

It pains me to recall the memory, but the Warhammer maneuver would seem to be the solution.

ha ha ..... defeats the purpose of. drysuit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom