Booked !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s a very definitive answer, Indah. May I respectfully ask, what makes you so sure, is it some kind of official announcement, or is it the general opinion of those in the tourist industry? Is there really no hope of good news for the NewYear?
Sorry, I should not have pushed Post yet. Of course I do not know, as nobody does.
But if the Indonesian government would want foreign tourists to arrive on a tourist visa they should announce the new regulations about now. And we seen nothing yet.
I am aware that foreigners arrive on a business visa, which is a sort of hole in the regulations. What do we know about the situation in Indonesia? Not much really. Only about 3 million out of 274 million people have been tested until now. Compare this with most other countries. Official number more than 15.000 deaths and numbers are still rising. Many experts here are afraid of a huge rise in cases the coming months. Local elections and holidays in December and less and less proper behavior.
If the boat you booked would have enough guests to sail, and if you want to take the risks of a fasle positive test upon arrival, or a real positive test, and if you somehow get a visa, and if your insurrance company covers you (or you accept not being covered) and if you accept to self isolate upon returning home, well then probably you can go ahead.

Thank you for explaining. So tricky, but not impossible.

For me, weighing my desire to be there vs the chance of contracting the virus whilst there and having to be hospitalized in Indonesia, strongly discouraged me from giving the whole idea too much more thought until the whole world and especially Indonesia is a safer place with regard to Covid-19.

For me, weighing my desire to be there vs the chance of contracting the virus whilst there and having to be hospitalized in Indonesia, strongly discouraged me from giving the whole idea too much more thought until the whole world and especially Indonesia is a safer place with regard to Covid-19.
Indonesia will not be a safer place regarding covid before 2022 or 2023 I guess. But if you want and can get vaccinated you should be fine to visit. In many experts thoughts that might be somewhere the second half of next year. Defenitely not February 2021.

Indonesia will not be a safer place regarding covid before 2022 or 2023 I guess. But if you want and can get vaccinated you should be fine to visit. In many experts thoughts that might be somewhere the second half of next year. Defenitely not February 2021.

Sadly true.

Thank you for explaining. So tricky, but not impossible.
As far as nothing is impossible, yes.

Covid-19 vaccine will be out there very soon folks. Phase 3 with 95% success rate!

Pfizer and BioNTech Conclude Phase 3 Study of COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate, Meeting All Primary Efficacy Endpoints | Pfizer

Just got this message from CVS Pharmacy:
“As America has struggled through the COVID-19 pandemic, it has been difficult to find a path toward health.

Over the last few days, that path became a little clearer. We are closer to having an authorized vaccine to treat COVID-19.

Still, the question that so many of us have is “How would I get that vaccine?”
CVS Health® has entered into a contract with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We were selected as one of the official COVID-19 Vaccination Program Providers.

The United States government will make a supply of the COVID-19 vaccine available to CVS Health when authorized and available to administer in pharmacies nationwide. We will offer it to the public through our 10,000 locations, following established vaccine prioritization guidelines.

CVS Health is already working to enable administration of the vaccine once it is available for pharmacies nationwide.

We are proud of and thankful for the efforts of our pharmacists, nurse practitioners and pharmacy technicians. They have served many communities across the U.S. and helped conduct nearly 7 million COVID-19 tests. We know they stand ready to do the same thing when COVID-19 vaccinations are available.

We are still in a global pandemic and there are so many questions. Stay informed on our response.”

Meanwhile I’ll be going to places that would let me go there, like Socorro, Cocos & Galápagos. So no big loss. Indonesia needs to follow Mexico, Costa Rica & Ecuador if they want to get back to tourism or just stay close & keep suffering financially leading to something worse happens.

An example:
Anyone traveled to Costa Rica under the new COVID regulations?

Covid-19 will be out there very soon folks. Phase 3 with 95% success rate!
NOT a chance!!!
There will be other issues afterward.
How many Americans will take the shot for a start?
How efficiency is the vaccine?
How long would the "protection" last?

NOT a chance!!!

“Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech applied Friday for emergency authorization of their coronavirus vaccine, a landmark moment and a signal that a powerful tool to help control the pandemic could begin to be available by late December.

The U.S. race to develop a vaccine has set scientific speed records since it launched in January, and the submission of a first application to regulators cements that. Now, that effort will move to its next, deliberative phase — a weeks-long process in which career scientists at the FDA to scrutinize the data and determine whether the vaccine is safe and effective to be used in a broad population.

“It is with great pride and joy, and even a little relief that I can say our request for emergency use authorization for a covid-19 vaccine is now in the FDA’s hands,” Pfizer chief executive Albert Bourla said in a video message shared by the company. “This is a historic day — a historic day for science and for all of us.””

In the meantime, I’ll follow the COVID-19 protocol (wear mask, keep distance, etc.) issued by the hotel, liveboard operator, etc. and when I’m back in my hometown, I’ll self quarantine for the first 2 weeks before going back to my normal activities for the last 9 months.

NOT a chance!!!
Simply to answer as far it is related to tourism. The people who want to get vaccinated will be able to do somewhere in 2021, and they will know they are never fully 100% protected. Which is true for pratically all vaccines. But they can feel comfortable to come to Indonesia and dive here.

Back
Top Bottom