oring between BCD and inflator hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drea13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a zeagle zena with an atomic SS1 inflator, does anyone know I’d there is suppose to be an o-ring where the inflator attaches to the BCD? Thanks.

If you are talking about the connection where the ss1 threads on to the plastic adapter on the end of the corrugated hose then yes there is supposed to be an o-ring.

There the flat gasket that’s attached to the BCD side then I thought I remember there being a second that w\always loved to fall out on me

Love it. Unclear question, followed by three different guesses as to what was meant.
Post #3 is probably the best guess.....

Added after OP posted again: Ok, Post #3 was indeed the best guess.

To be fair I am not asking clearly, maybe a pic would help. I assume the flat gasket in the one in the background on the BCD side, should there be something else on the inside of my inflator hose?

Attachments

• 2D6D01D3-C5C1-4EFB-BCF8-4DCE09968737.jpeg
    2D6D01D3-C5C1-4EFB-BCF8-4DCE09968737.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 100
To be fair I am not asking clearly, maybe a pic would help. I assume the flat gasket in the one in the background on the BCD side, should there be something else on the inside of my inflator hose?

I don't think so. The flat gasket seals against that raised ring and against a similar groove below it.

Is it leaking? You can try flipping the gasket over and make sure there is no fabric in the threads.

I have a zeagle zena with an atomic SS1 inflator, does anyone know I’d there is suppose to be an o-ring where the inflator attaches to the BCD? Thanks.
You should take a closer look to where the leak comes from (I guess that you are seing a leak).
I've hardly seen that those gaskets leak.
What's more seen is the flange itself broken, and if that's the case, the answer could be cumbersome.
IMG_6353.JPG

What´s usualy done is to remove the old flange and install a new one with the same thread. The new flange could be made in a lathe, molded or 3D printed. Any solution is viable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom