Close encounters of the Green kind (and other recent photos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Divemaster thankfully banged his tank that this green moray at Cedral was coming towards me. First photo below--think we have discussed this overly inquisitive eel here before. Most of the pix I am going to post (including follow up posts) were from yesterday at Cedral/Cedar Pass (spectacular dive--turtles, octopus, nudibranchs, green moray and finished off with a eagle ray and shark on safety stop), with a few others from Dalila yesterday and Tunich and Paradise last week. Didn't get a picture of big nurse shark, it evidently came by while I swam down to try to take pictures of the eagle ray. Eagle ray pictures not the best--was more worried about air and deco limits 70+ minutes into the dive than camera and strobe settings :) All 10 pics below were from Cedral--also going to do a follow up with nudibranchs from that dive

EDIT--Sorry for what wound up being a very long series of pictures. Didn't realize I would be posting this many pictures. I should have posted a link to a gallery on lightroom or something. I don't really use links/galleries that often but I will figure it out If I know I am going to be posting this many pictures.

DSC03471.jpg
DSC03463.jpg
DSC03464.jpg
DSC03529.jpg
DSC03530.jpg
DSC03531.jpg
DSC03523.jpg
DSC03526.jpg
DSC03527.jpg
DSC03516.jpg

Please tell more about the inquisitive eel. This is the first I'm reading about it.

I had a large moray Strachan his back on my fins one time.

That was kinda scary.

So you were diving today? What's water temperature?

Do we know of a moray attacking a diver and biting them, not counting a diver doing something stupid to provoke the eel?

Back
Top Bottom