Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or the complete opposite! Every individual showing up with a negative PCR from 3 days prior has had plenty of opportunity to have encountered live active virus before boarding. It's a bit of roulette.

I Live in a country which has had no domestic Wuhan Virus cases for over 230 days.... only those who were coming in from overseas on flights. So this is the issue even some people were tested and quarantined for 2 weeks and tested positive after the PCR test before they flew to Taiwan.

Ok, but we are discussing Indonesian requirements. Your other post made it sound like you were going on a boat in Indonesia...

Sorry for the confusion. I still think it’s unnecessary & will dampen the tourism, which seems Indonesia desperately needs.

To make sure that I get negative PCR result, I have been careful in following COVID-19 protocols here, at home, such as wearing mask in public facility, socializing with only family & few friends (4-5) that I know them to be as careful as I'm, doing outdoor sports (cycling mostly alone 20-30 miles daily, hiking in the national parks during vacations, etc) for the past 9 months. It's almost self quantining myself at home for that long. Doing another 2-week self-quarantine abroad, after proofing that I'm COVID-19 free is just ridiculous. It is as ridiculous as those cops in Jakarta stopping & arresting/fining a family driving in the car without mask. An overkill!

Sorry for the confusion. I still think it’s unnecessary & will dampen the tourism, which seems Indonesia desperately needs.

To make sure that I get negative PCR result, I have been careful in following COVID-19 protocols here, at home, such as wearing mask in public facility, socializing with only family & few friends (4-5) that I know them to be as careful as I'm, doing outdoor sports (cycling mostly alone 20-30 miles daily, hiking in the national parks during vacations, etc) for the past 9 months. It's almost self quantining myself at home for that long. Doing another 2-week self-quarantine abroad, after proofing that I'm COVID-19 free is just ridiculous. It is as ridiculous as those cops in Jakarta stopping & arresting/fining a family driving in the car without mask. An overkill!
If there are 12 guests and 12 crew. All tested negative. How big would the chance be that one of the 24 was falsely tested negative? Serious question.

f there are 12 guests and 12 crew. All tested negative. How big would the chance be that one of the 24 was falsely tested negative? Serious question.

It's entirely possible given the margin or errors with various test kits, the equipment they are using and operator error including mix up of samples and if we are looking at a false positive possible cross contamination from another sample that was mishandled or mislabeled.

Never rule out the human factor!

The result of a negative PCR test is only as good as the time the sample was taken. You could easily pick up the virus immediately afterwards traveling in public transport if not taking suitable precautions.

It is as ridiculous as those cops in Jakarta stopping & arresting/fining a family driving in the car without mask. An overkill!
Don't get me started on that one! They stop people here who are alone in their car with the windows up... :banghead:

Or the complete opposite! Every individual showing up with a negative PCR from 3 days prior has had plenty of opportunity to have encountered live active virus before boarding. It's a bit of roulette.

I paid $128.30, drove 40 miles to the closest drive-through swab test facility and waited for 3 days to get the results after 9-months of living in seclusion. I’ll be dang sure to wear mask and avoid crowded places as much as I can while traveling from home to the boat. Even at the boat I won’t drop my guard down while mingling with those guys with supposedly having “negative PCR” certificate in their possession.

There have been more than enough cases that -ve became +ve after few days or even longer!!!!!
NO test kit is 100% accurate and the virus has long incubation period inside the host.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom