Deep6 Black Friday Sale! My joy is complete!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are thinking about ordering 2 complete sets of the excursion regs. Trying to decide if the difference between them and the signature series are big enough to sway us to the signature

I'm no expert on the regs, but my thought is...
From a hose routing usability standpoint, if you dont need a swivel turret now or in the future... then the excursion is acceptable. But if you may dive technically just go for the better reg.

what about posiedon trident fins???? <TG>
:smalllogo:
They are everything I DON'T like: heavy in and out of the water, very stiff, and weird pocket shape (for my foot).

They are everything I DON'T like: heavy in and out of the water, very stiff, and weird pocket shape (for my foot).
thanks... ps sorry for side tracking the thread, cheers <TG>
:smalllogo:

Amortizing the small price difference over a few years of diving, I'd go for the Signature. Service, a kit, different seat and poppet, turret - it's a slam dunk unless your funds are really tight.

Got the Signatures as our first regs after a few years of renting. Have been very happy with them. If they're in your budget, you won't be disappointed or ever wish you had bought the cheaper set.

That is a customizable package and the price says “as low as.” It will not be that price for the complete BPW setup.
I feel like "to be as low as" it has to at least contain the minimum stuff that it states is included:
Complete Backplate and Wing setup comes with:

• Backplate (Stainless Steel or Aluminum)
  • Wing (20lb or 30lb lift)
  • Harness
  • Single Tank Adapter
  • 2x Tank Straps (Plastic or S/S Buckle)
  • Integrated Weight Pockets (Optional)
  • Trim Weight Pouches (Optional)
so, that price should net you a 20 lb wing, with an aluminum backplate, harness, STA, and 2x tank straps....

Although I suppose it's also possible that you have to buy 5 to get that price...much like some of their other listings that are "as low as"

Website was a bit wonky when I ordered yesterday. Search for Black Friday in the search box and the specials will come up.

I think they're having some website issues.
I feel like "to be as low as" it has to at least contain the minimum stuff that it states is included:
Complete Backplate and Wing setup comes with:

• Backplate (Stainless Steel or Aluminum)
  • Wing (20lb or 30lb lift)
  • Harness
  • Single Tank Adapter
  • 2x Tank Straps (Plastic or S/S Buckle)
  • Integrated Weight Pockets (Optional)
  • Trim Weight Pouches (Optional)
so, that price should net you a 20 lb wing, with an aluminum backplate, harness, STA, and 2x tank straps....

Although I suppose it's also possible that you have to buy 5 to get that price...much like some of their other listings that are "as low as"

I think that listing is messed up. I was looking at it a month or so ago before some parts went out of stock and it used to say "as low as" with a price a hundred or two more than that. For some weird reason once it went out of stock it started to show that "as low as" price.

I wonder if their website just summed up the minimum price for the available options and put zeroes in for the out-of-stock options (I think both their wings are out of stock at the moment)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom