Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m not sure if availability is going to be a problem? I’ve heard many people say they don’t even want this vaccine.
Only time will tell if there is enough to go round.
Of course there will be some who refuse to take the jab cause we are living in a FREE world except those unfortunate living in authoritarian states eg. china and North Korea.

Only time will tell if there is enough to go round.
Of course there will be some who refuse to take the jab cause we are living in a FREE world except those unfortunate living in authoritarian states eg. china and North Korea.
But as far as it concerns diving in Indonesia, everybody who want to fly can get the vaccinations sometime next year. I wonder how far tourism will recover again. How many hotels and resorts will be able to open again?

But as far as it concerns diving in Indonesia, everybody who want to fly can get the vaccinations sometime next year. I wonder how far tourism will recover again. How many hotels and resorts will be able to open again?
I am pretty sure NOT everyone who wants to come to Indonesia will be able to get a jab back home. All I could read so far is that certain groups will have priority first!

Wait and see is my strategy. No hurry.

Maybe all the people working in tourism industry need to be injected with the vaccine first before tourist visit.

I am pretty sure NOT everyone who wants to come to Indonesia will be able to get a jab back home. All I could read so far is that certain groups will have priority first!

Wait and see is my strategy. No hurry.
I wrote, sometime next year.

Maybe all the people working in tourism industry need to be injected with the vaccine first before tourist visit.
Why do you think so? It means that all guests coming from within Indonesia should be vaccinated as well? It might take more than a year to get the younger fit to dive and fit to work people to be vaccinated in Indonesia. Actually, I estimate that it could take most of 2022 as well.

I strongly doubt that "sometime next year" everyone that wants to travel will have the vaccine.

Regarding the people that do not want to take it, I find it great. More to the remaining.
You are in doubt also for the US and European countries? Why?

You are in doubt also for the US and European countries? Why?
The numbers I have seen secured so far (for EU) cover just a fraction of the populations. Yes EU has ordered from several suppliers and new orders are on the way but still they are not enough to cover most/all citizens. Keep in mind that it seems that 2 doses are needed per person for the vaccines. So if everyone was to be vaccinated close to 1bilion doses would be needed for EU only.
Before we get these numbers priority will be given to certain groups (medical stuff, older people and those who cater them etc). I'd bet those willing to travel for pleasure will be given quite low priority.

Now my concern is not this, sooner or later we will have the numbers needed even for poorer countries. My concern is that these vaccines are totally new technologies and they haven't been proven in practice. Yes there are ongoing studies that look promising but studies are studies. Nobody really knows how effective they will prove in wide scale.

Hope for the best and wait is the best we can do for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom