Truck for diving help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well that sucks!!! I find that I have the seat way back and a little more inclined in the wife's Tacoma. No prblems yet. My usual ride is a 2017 F250 Super Duty that rides a little stiffer but is also way comfortable. Try playing with the seat settings and perhaps the steering wheel settings. Best of luck!!

How about this truck?

2006 FREIGHTLINER MT55

2006 FREIGHTLINER MT 55 STEP VAN. 6 CYLINDER DIESEL CUMMINGS ENGINE WITH ALLISON AUTOMATIC TRANS. THIS TRUCK HAS ONLY 5940 MILES AND WAS BUILT BY LDV CUSTOMS FOR THE N.Y.P.D. STRATEGIC RESPONSE GROUP.

IT HAS AN ON BOARD CASCADE SYSTEM FOR REFILLING BREATHABLE S.C.B.A AIR TANKS AS WELL AS STORAGE FOR 30 TANKS. IT HAS ADJUSTABLE SHELVING ON BOTH SIDES AND A REMOVABLE TACTIAL GUN LOCKER WHICH CAN HOLD 12 LONG GUNS AND AMMO.

IT HAS INTERIOR LIGHTING THROUGHOUT THE TRUCK AND IS WIRED FOR EMERGENCY LIGHTING AND SIRENS ON THE EXTERIOR WITH A FULL CONTROL BOARD ABOVE THE DRIVER SEAT.
SELF LEVELING AND AIR RIDE SUSPENSION, HEATED AND ELECTRIC MIRRORS, HEAT, A/C, P/S, P/B (NO CDL REQUIRED!) NEW PAINT, VARIABLE SPEED/ REVERSIBLE ROOF EXTRACTOR FAN AND LOTS OF UNDER DECK STORAGE COMPARTMENTS.

TRUCK RUNS AND DRIVES AND LOOKS LIKE NEW. WITH LESS THAN 6K MILES, IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN BROKEN IN YET.

WOULD BE GREAT FOR A LOCAL MUNICIPALITY, VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT, FIRE SUPRESSION COMPANIES OR USE YOUR IMAGINATION!

eSI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJueHQtYXNzZXRzIiwia2V5Ijoid2F0ZXJtYXJrLnBuZyJ9fSwia2V5IjoiMzQ0NjEzNzguanBnIn0=.jpg

eSI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJueHQtYXNzZXRzIiwia2V5Ijoid2F0ZXJtYXJrLnBuZyJ9fSwia2V5IjoiMzQ0NjE0OTQuanBnIn0=.jpg

eSI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJueHQtYXNzZXRzIiwia2V5Ijoid2F0ZXJtYXJrLnBuZyJ9fSwia2V5IjoiMzQ0NjE4MTguanBnIn0=.jpg

2006 FREIGHTLINER MT55 Step Vans For Sale Auction or Lease - 8332084

yeah, that is nice! I need the lumbar gone, I might take it to an upholstery shop and see if they can do something. It has the 10 way adjustable seat but still not working out. I'm just pissed that I didn't see this during the test drives. Huge miss.

yeah, that is nice! I need the lumbar gone, I might take it to an upholstery shop and see if they can do something. It has the 10 way adjustable seat but still not working out. I'm just pissed that I didn't see this during the test drives. Huge miss.
Is the lumbar support adjustable as well? If so, how? I’ve seen some, where the lumbar support is adjustable up and down, but most I’ve seen today have the lumbar support as an inflatable insert.

I know on my Titan, the lumbar support is pretty much non-existent when deflated. I’m pretty sure that the lumbar support in my Tundra functioned the same way. I can’t recall how it was at full deflation, though.

Yep, it has it and the lumber is completely deflated but it still sticks out. If ti went flat, that would be perfect. If you inflate this lumbar all the way, your belly button touches the window..

Ever get the seat in the Taco sorted out OP? Debating about downsizing at the moment. Starting a new job shortly and the Ram isn’t exactly city parking garage friendly.

That and I’ve had my truck almost four years. That’s an eternity for me to be with one four wheeled vehicle.:popcorn:

Not really looking forward to the smaller bed size in the mid-size trucks though. Then again...that’s why they’re mid-size trucks, lol.

We have had 4 tacomas and a tundra and they are absolute workhorses. I don't know how they get 14 mpg, ours is quite efficient. We have hauled 800lbs worth of gravel in the bed of the tacoma no problem, and at the boat ramp, she's a beast with a twin axle trailer and a friends old cabin cruiser on top. But you might want to check out the Toyota Hilux, might be better for your application...
Happy hunting <TG>

I’d go with the Tacoma, the rangers were econo trucks years ago now they’re 3/4 of a f150. I’m not sure how reliable it will be over time and mileage. If it were me I would go with the Tacoma base level trim, I’ll never buy another 4x4 from either manufacturer.

We have had 4 tacomas and a tundra and they are absolute workhorses. I don't know how they get 14 mpg, ours is quite efficient. We have hauled 800lbs worth of gravel in the bed of the tacoma no problem, and at the boat ramp, she's a beast with a twin axle trailer and a friends old cabin cruiser on top. But you might want to check out the Toyota Hilux, might be better for your application...
Happy hunting <TG>

I would really like a Tacoma (I have always liked them). When I looked at mid-size trucks in early ‘17 though, I came away thinking that the Colorado had a more comfortable interior.

We’ll see. I hate car/vehicle shopping. I think I’ll just end up going to Carmax. I’ve sold a couple vehicles there previously and I thought it went well.

I’d go with the Tacoma, the rangers were econo trucks years ago now they’re 3/4 of a f150. I’m not sure how reliable it will be over time and mileage. If it were me I would go with the Tacoma base level trim, I’ll never buy another 4x4 from either manufacturer.

I want a 4WD. I can’t say that I’ve used that in the current truck very much, but it is nice to have on occasion,

I’m looking at it from a cost perspective. I bought the Toyota 4x4 and never used it, now it the miles stack up and I’m having cv boots and fluids changed and wishing for the days before seemingly everything was equipped with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom