Truck for diving help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the Tundra a good dive-mobile with 4X4 and for going off-road to secluded sea shores and towing a boat?
The tundras are probably a good truck it seems like the big 3 own the full size market here in the us. Its also built in the us, the midsize Toyota trucks are built in Japan. If that makes a difference?

The tundras are probably a good truck it seems like the big 3 own the full size market here in the us. Its also built in the us, the midsize Toyota trucks are built in Japan. If that makes a difference?

The Tundra is assembled in the U.S. I read something a while back that said that as far as part sourcing goes...the Tundra is more American than most of the big three trucks.

I’m sure someone in the corporate establishment with Washington lobbyists has interest in keeping the hilux and land cruiser out of the hands of Americans. It seems like we’re not the right market for vehicles can can last nearly a lifetime.

I’m sure someone in the corporate establishment with Washington lobbyists has interest in keeping the hilux and land cruiser out of the hands of Americans. It seems like we’re not the right market for vehicles can can last nearly a lifetime.

No doubt. Even thrifty people like me would run out and drop a stupid amount of money for a diesel Land Cruiser pick-up. I bought my current truck because the price was right. I would be like “shut up and take my money” if the opportunity to buy one of those came up.

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the prices of a lot of trucks. Ex. Jeep Gladiator. I’m sorry, but that thing is a f*****g piece of s**t. $40k+ for that? Lol.

The Tundra is assembled in the U.S. I read something a while back that said that as far as part sourcing goes...the Tundra is more American than most of the big three trucks.
Yah i think it's U.S. And Mexico... <TG>

No doubt. Even thrifty people like me would run out and drop a stupid amount of money for a diesel Land Cruiser pick-up. I bought my current truck because the price was right. I would be like “shut up and take my money” if the opportunity to buy one of those came up.

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the prices of a lot of trucks. Ex. Jeep Gladiator. I’m sorry, but that thing is a f*****g piece of s**t. $40k+ for that? Lol.
Agreed.

The Toyota Hilux, known in the U.S. as the Toyota Pickup or the Toyota Tacoma, is the AK-47 of the automotive world. It is nigh indestructible; the British car program Top Gear once crashed it into tree, set it on fire, drowned it in the sea, and dropped a building on it, and the plucky Toyota still worked.

Tacoma is a bit bigger and here in Belize, are gasoline. Mine is 2.7 liter (2003) the Hilux is diesel. 2.7 or 3
liter.
My experience is the Tacoma starts "rattling" as most other brands do after a year or so on the rough roads here.
I thought the reason Hilux isn't in the US was sub standard emissions?
It's popular all over SE Asia...even saw them in Russia.

Tacoma is a bit bigger and here in Belize, are gasoline. Mine is 2.7 liter (2003) the Hilux is diesel. 2.7 or 3
liter.
My experience is the Tacoma starts "rattling" as most other brands do after a year or so on the rough roads here.
I thought the reason Hilux isn't in the US was sub standard emissions?
It's popular all over SE Asia...even saw them in Russia.

Yup. That’s the same thing that I’ve always heard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom