Black Friday... that time of year... wish list/unnecessary purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And you didn’t notice this when you tried it on?

Obviously, @Marie13 felt like it was the best choice at the time otherwise she wouldn’t have purchased it. Not sure what the point of this question is.

No harm in changing one’s mind, or deciding that what was once acceptable now warrants a change. Let the diver who never changed their kit throw the first stone is all I have to say. :) Personally, I’ve purchased about 5 different dry suits - hoping my current cf-200 will be here a while though. It’s amazing.

edit: no Black Friday purchase plans here. While some good prices out there, still can’t compare with the used market - luckily for me, off the shelf stuff fits pretty good.

The point of the question is, why would someone pay thousands of dollars for something that doesn’t fit and has problems with the design?

U
The point of the question is, why would someone pay thousands of dollars for something that doesn’t fit and has problems with the design?

Uff. If you're looking for a dog to kick, go to the pound.
No. I take that back. Don't kick a dog. Do you have any children?

Nobody is perfect, sometimes we have to try something for a while - more than just a one time "try-dive" to decide if it’s going to work. Take a look at any of the many "worst purchase ever" posts if you disagree. We all thought it was a good idea at the time.

The above post looks like a not that well hidden attempt to go off topic and needlessly bash another diver.

Additionally, I will apologize to the divers coming to this thread looking for Black Friday deals and refrain from further posts on this subject in this thread.

I'd like a transmitter for my eon core, please.

It has been 4 years since I built an editing PC. When I was shooting a lot of professional sports I would build one every 2 or 3 years. DSLR technology was changing so fast and file sizes were getting so much larger I wanted processing power to keep up.

I really enjoy building them and being able to pick all the best components without any of the software bloat common with major brands. I've built at least 5 or 6. I've stopped shooting but plan to start diving and shooting underwater again. Might be time to build a new one. I'm not sure about their pricing anymore but I kept Newegg in business.

View attachment 627139

Pretty rig, I was always status to go the water-cooled route. It looks so clean though... That's always the hard part of a build... Hiding everything so it looks nice... My last build was an all glass case, looks gorgeous, but was such a pain in the ass to hide all the cabling out of sight...

wish list - a new regulator !

Got a Mares XR SS BP/W for black friday, 30% off, plus an additional 15% over the total. (No not 45%).
Wish list for x-mas:

Orcatorch D550
Lavacore l/s shirt + long pants :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom