Does your LDS offer a frequent diver plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what one of my local stores offer

HOW DO I BECOME A PLATINUM MEMBER?

Platinum-member-packages_sml.jpg

The only way to become a platinum club member is you need to buy your own Regulator, BC, Dive Computer*, and Wetsuit or Drysuit through Scuba World. Packages start at $2700…

Book an appointment with Mike to be personally fitted in store. Mike has been in the industry for 20 years, and he knows exactly the right questions to ask, to ensure you get the most suitable package for your diving needs.

BENEFITS YOU RECEIVE AS A PLATINUM MEMBER?

BONUS benefits as a PLATINUM MEMBER

• If you log 30 or more dives a year with Scuba World you receive $100 loyalty dollars!
  • If you log 50 or more dives a year with Scuba World you receive $400 loyalty dollars!!!
  • Refer a friend program – simply refer a friend to learn to dive and both of you receive 50 days of free diving!
  • If you are a club member for:
    • 5 full years (does not have to be consecutive) you receive your 6th year membership FREE
    • 10 full years (does not have to be consecutive) you receive UNLIMITED FREE diving on board the Scuba World boat for 12 months on a standby basis
    • 15 full years (does not have to be consecutive) you receive FREE life membership & a ‘life member’ polo shirt
HOW MUCH WILL YOU SAVE?

Use our custom built, easy to use Platinum Dive Club Calculator to figure out how much you will save in 12 months. Most club members save more than $1,500 dollars a year!

TERMS & CONDITIONS
MAINTAINING/ RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP

TO MAINTAIN/ RENEW YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP YOU MUST ONLY USE REGULATORS, BCs, INFORMATION SYSTEMS*, WETSUITS AND DRYSUITS PURCHASED AT SCUBA WORLD AT THE RRP ALL YEAR ROUND.

* A COMPUTER IS MANDATORY TO PURCHASE. HOWEVER, IF YOU CHOOSE TO PURCHASE GAUGES OR TRANSMITTER, IT IS A REQUIREMENT TO PURCHASE THESE THROUGH SCUBA WORLD AT THE RRP.

THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS FOR EQUIPMENT THAT WAS GIVEN TO YOU AS A PRESENT, YOU FOUND OR YOU’VE HAD BEFORE YOU JOINED THE PLATINUM CLUB.

THE ABOVE IS STRICTLY NON-NEGOTIABLE.

TO MAINTAIN/ RENEW YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP SPECIFIC SPECIALTIES NEED TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE A CLUB MEMBER CAN RENEW THEIR MEMBERSHIP:

THE ABOVE COURSES NEED TO BE COMPLETED ONLY AT SCUBA WORLD. IF A COURSE IS DONE ELSEWHERE YOU WILL HAVE 2 OPTIONS:

1. PAY THE SCUBA WORLD RRP FOR THE COURSE YOU DID ELSEWHERE AND COMPLETE THE SAME COURSE AGAIN BUT WITH SCUBA WORLD
  2. NOT RENEW YOUR PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP
THE ABOVE COURSES NEED TO BE COMPLETED OR BOOKED IN & PAID IN FULL BEFORE YOU CAN RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP.

N.B. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE THE ABOVE COURSES IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THEM.

THE ABOVE IS STRICTLY NON-NEGOTIABLE.

YOUR BENEFITS

• 10 x FREE Mooloolaba Coral Reef double dive gift vouchers.
  • 50% discount off Mooloolaba Coral Reef and ex-HMAS Brisbane dives on a stand-by basis. This includes tanks, weights, food & light refreshments.
  • 20% discount off a guaranteed seat. In order to guarantee a space on the boat, you must inform the staff at the time of booking.
  • 5% discount off International trips
  • 5% Loyalty Dollars (each time you purchase equipment through the store, that is not on sale)
  • FREE annual Regulator and BC service
  • If you are a club member for:
    • 5 full years (does not have to be consecutive) = 6th year membership is FREE
    • 10 full years (does not have to be consecutive) = UNLIMITED FREE diving on board the Scuba World boat for 12 months on a standby basis
    • 15 full years (does not have to be consecutive) = FREE life membership & a ‘life member’ polo shirt
  • If you refer a friend for an Open Water Diver Course you will both receive 50 days of FREE diving (stand-by basis)
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS

• The 10 x FREE Mooloolaba Coral Reef gift vouchers are strictly for double dives to the Mooloolaba Coral Reef. They cannot be used for anything else. Unused dives cannot be transferred to the next membership year.
  • All stand by dives can only be booked a maximum of 1 month in advance.
  • CANCELLING SCUBA WORLD BOAT DIVES INSIDE 24 HOURS OF YOUR SCHEDULED TRIP (unless a medical is provided)
    • You’ll receive a 30 day membership benefits ban
    • IMPORTANT: If you, or the person you referred does the above you both will get 15 days taken off your 50 days of free diving. If you cancel more than once (without a medical being provided) in your 50 days of free diving Scuba World management reserve the right to cancel your 50 days of free diving
  • CANCELLING SCUBA WORLD BOAT DIVES OUTSIDE 24 HOURS OF YOUR SCHEDULED TRIP (unless a medical is provided)
    • Standby seat – $10 administration fee applies
      • The above applies when you’re on the 50 days of free diving when you refer a friend to learn to dive with scuba world
    • Guaranteed seat – standard scuba world boat dive terms & conditions apply. see scuba world details for more information
  • To receive the 5% discount off the International trip the deposit must be paid before the end of the first ‘HAVE FUN & GET LEID’ travel night
  • Loyalty Dollars will be automatically stored on your customer file. Loyalty dollars never expire. The loyalty dollars are accrued on equipment purchase s and can only be used towards equipment purchases at Scuba World.
  • If you LOG 30 dives with Scuba World in your ‘membership year’ you will receive $100 in loyalty (a valid dive has a red stamp only). N.B. If you refer a friend and are diving for 50 days for FREE these dives will NOT be counted
  • If you LOG 50 dives with Scuba World in your ‘membership year’ you will receive $400 in loyalty (a valid dive has a red stamp only). N.B. If you refer a friend and are diving for 50 days for FREE these dives will NOT be counted
  • Scuba World Dive Adventures trip ‘dives’ count towards receiving the LOG 30 and LOG 50 loyalty rewards.
  • The FREE annual regulator and BC service is based on a standard service kit and labour. Additional parts i.e. hoses, dust caps, mouthpieces, etc will be charged at the RRP. Additional labour will be charged at $90 an hour. Aqualung and Apeks manufacturers standers recommend the first annual regulator or BC is service is an INSPECTION ONLY. If your regulator requires a full service, we will conduct this for you FOC.
  • We recommend only completing one dive trip/day unless you dive on nitrox.
  • No refunds are possible once payment has been made. If you are medically unfit to dive for an extended period of time, please inform Scuba World.
Scuba World management reserve the right to vary the program or cancel without notice.

This is what one of my local stores offer

I know this store .
Only use it for Nitrox fills ,nice setup ,done a few dives from their boat on the ex HMAS Brisbane.

Only bought two things there this last year, a computer and gloves, so no membership for me.
It's not my thing anyway.
THE ABOVE COURSES NEED TO BE COMPLETED ONLY AT SCUBA WORLD. IF A COURSE IS DONE ELSEWHERE YOU WILL HAVE 2 OPTIONS:

1. PAY THE SCUBA WORLD RRP FOR THE COURSE YOU DID ELSEWHERE AND COMPLETE THE SAME COURSE AGAIN BUT WITH SCUBA WORLD
  2. NOT RENEW YOUR PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP
And what is this rubbish!!

Double up post: sorry.

Just this past week or in years past?

Just this past week.

But they have been serving Thanksgiving dinner for years and years now.

They also have fill cards with a slight reduction in the price per/ft on nitrox.

Some shops I’v seen have started the fidelity points cards. Kind of like every other store where you gets points for your purchases that you can apply on your next visite. Some offer a fill card so you pay less than if you paid only one fill at a time.

The quarry that I frequent offers a 12-month membership. The basic tier at $250 gets you free admission. The mid-level tier at $350 gets you free admission, two air fills per day, and a discounted rate of $8 for a nitrox fill. The primo tiers at $500 and $750 get you the same plus 10% discounts on rentals and purchases, free save-a-dive doodads, and unlimited tent- or RV-camping privileges, respectively.

I do the mid-level tier, and it cuts my costs immensely. I end up paying roughly ten bucks for a day of diving, not counting deco gas fills.

Just air card... by 20x air fills at a time and get it for $3.75/fill. From 40 cf to 120 cf, up to 3442 psi... not great but not bad. I'll probably do 100 fills a year if I'm not traveling... wish I could get a better deal nearby though.

by 20x air fills at a time and get it for $3.75/fill. From 40 cf to 120 cf, up to 3442 psi.
I only dream of getting fills this cheap, and you wish you could get a better deal ! You are joking, sure you are,no?
You don't want to know what we are charged for fills where I live, and Nitrox is .....:spend:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom