Black Friday... that time of year... wish list/unnecessary purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... why would someone pay thousands of dollars for something that doesn’t fit....
LMAO !!
You've never bought a boat, it's always too small........

Santa,,,,,,Bring me a CMOR bottom chip for my GPS so I can find all the lobster spots !!!

I never buy Christmas gifts or shop Black Friday, but in the past week, I bought a Nauticam SMC-1 macro lens and a heated vest. I'm still suffering from sticker shock. I hate spending money, but if I can get better photos while not shivering, so be it.

A new BCD is on my wish list for a future Christmas, as my item for this year is already spoken for-- A new combination DVD/VCR player. I also look to bring back '90s when you could easily find one.

The point of the question is, why would someone pay thousands of dollars for something that doesn’t fit and has problems with the design?

Umm...perhaps non-standard body size, and local custom options at sky-high prices, coupled with a desire to support US business by buying made in USA prices.

Sometimes it takes time to realize that certain features are a hinderance...at first they may seem like something we can adapt to but at times they just becoming nagging problems.

She purchased a suit, used it for a couple of seasons, realized the features were not what she wanted, is selling the suit to someone who is interested in it, and is investing her hard earned money and knowledge into a product she thinks will serve her better.

People buy, sell, trade stuff all the time for all sorts of reasons.

What's it to you?

And the point of my questions, stated up front, is her rational for what she bought and what she is buying is really none of anyone's business.

-Z

It’s not my business. The folks in San Diego will appreciate it.

The only thing I’ve been keeping an eye open for is a deal on a thick wetsuit or semi-dry. Ex. Pinnacle Polar M8. I’m not seeing any deals so far. Ex. Old stock.

Pretty sure what I want is not for the wishlist, but will be a necessity. A new BCD as I have gained a few extra pounds during the pandemic. WAIT...now that I think about it I'm afraid that wetsuits may need replaced also!!

I just bought $150 worth of scuba stocking stuffers... two flex hoses, two magnetic hose holders, a weight belt, some wetsuit hangers, a couple new mouthpieces... none of which "I needed."

The only thing I’ve been keeping an eye open for is a deal on a thick wetsuit or semi-dry. Ex. Pinnacle Polar M8. I’m not seeing any deals so far. Ex. Old stock.

What size?

There’s an unused XL SolAfx semi-dry for sale in the classifieds.

Also, Deep 6 has had their 7mm wetsuits on sale for a while now. It is by all accounts a very good suit and at $225 it is a great deal. While not a semi-dry, it has sealed seams and wrist and ankle gaskets that reduce water transfer.

Back
Top Bottom