Katana 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Divehead how did you get that video clip?

It's so deliciously smooth. I wonder if there was someone above or below him, swinging a 360 camera in an arc with a pole.

Almost this!

Someone was below me. Having a GoPro on a pole. Swinging it around me. GoPro set to 120fps. And then SloMo for replay :)

Tweaked the lower lumbar , shoulder strap, and lower clips (again.) I just couldn't get my leashes to behave with the narrow integrated backplate so decided to split it into pieces and cut out a new center plate. I swear this process never ends lol.

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

Nice work. You wear your belt fairly high eh?

Not really, I keep the belt pulled as tight as I can take it down on the hip bones. I have the wing really low. I am anticipating needing to adjust it again but this is where I had it before and it trimmed out nicely. I usually dive with PST HP100s and I have them hanging pretty low also.

FWIW, I am about 5' 9" and 185lbs if anyone needs the reference point.

The amount of fiddle I hear required to dial in one’s rig (regardless of brand) will have me RUNNING to a reputable instructor so I get properly trained on a known baseline from which I can later make informed adjustments.

The amount of fiddle I hear required to dial in one’s rig (regardless of brand) will have me RUNNING to a reputable instructor so I get properly trained on a known baseline from which I can later make informed adjustments.

Yeah, that’s the one bad thing about SM. My new tech/cave instructor spent several hours with me one day over the summer getting my SMS75 set up just so.

Get your rig, get trained on it from a great instructor that dives SM always. Learn what adjustments your instructor is doing so that you can replicate the effects yourself. That’s what I did and it paid off a lot. Even then, you still need to make micro adjustments for your first 20 or so dives on a new rig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom