Rolock 90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No idea, it’s in there pretty good and I will likely never dive in a drysuit without dry gloves so it’s not something I will ever know.

That will be something I will test for.

Apologies for momentarily hi-jacking this thread:

For those who might be interested,
I have a set on its way to me for the purpose of testing and reviewing....if there are any specific things you would like to know or be tested out to put these through their paces (non-destructively of course) please shoot me a message. There are things about the system I want to know, but would like to know what other's might be thinking about when they look at the posts, videos, ad copy, etc., in order to more thoroughly test them.

Cheers,
-Z

No idea, it’s in there pretty good and I will likely never dive in a drysuit without dry gloves so it’s not something I will ever know.

Do you think you'd be comfortable going seamless with them....asking for a friend:D

I have not had an issue with the orings falling out in either the rolock 3 or rolock 90s in a couple of seasons. This includes the rental shop drysuits that have these on them. All the suits are still on their original orings. I would clean them off if there was any sand on them though.

There is minor issue that I have encountered, hardly worth mentioning. If you are wearing the suit without gloves for an extended period of time your wrist might be chafed by the end of the locking lug. If your wrist is positioned just right, it will rub and it will eventually become irritating. The solution is to take a small file and round the sharp end corner of the lug. I think they could have just done this with the mold.

That will be something I will test for.

Apologies for momentarily hi-jacking this thread:

For those who might be interested,
I have a set on its way to me for the purpose of testing and reviewing....if there are any specific things you would like to know or be tested out to put these through their paces (non-destructively of course) please shoot me a message. There are things about the system I want to know, but would like to know what other's might be thinking about when they look at the posts, videos, ad copy, etc., in order to more thoroughly test them.

Cheers,
-Z

I'll help the hijacking.

1. Ease of donning/doffing
2. The biggest is ease of keeping sand off the oring while gearing up shore diving.

I have not had an issue with the orings falling out in either the rolock 3 or rolock 90s in a couple of seasons. This includes the rental shop drysuits that have these on them. All the suits are still on their original orings. I would clean them off if there was any sand on them though.

There is minor issue that I have encountered, hardly worth mentioning. If you are wearing the suit without gloves for an extended period of time your wrist might be chafed by the end of the locking lug. If your wrist is positioned just right, it will rub and it will eventually become irritating. The solution is to take a small file and round the sharp end corner of the lug. I think they could have just done this with the mold.

Is the "locking lug" the metal pin? I see that one difference between the Rolock and Rolock 90 is in the former the metal pin is on the cuff-ring side of the sytem and with the latter it is on the glove-ring side.

Or are you referring to the plastic channel?

-Z

Is the "locking lug" the metal pin? I see that one difference between the Rolock and Rolock 90 is in the former the metal pin is on the cuff-ring side of the sytem and with the latter it is on the glove-ring side.

Or are you referring to the plastic channel?

-Z

My guess, the outer area either this edge or the corner where it is cut out for the locking lug.
BAF17C79-B443-409F-B660-0B6B1290BA47.jpeg

Reactions: Zef
So I have not mounted the system on my drysuit yet, but I pulled the rings out of the box and stuck my wrist through the cuff-side ring to see if I could get a sense of what @divezonescuba had indicated. The areas that I circled in red definitely chafe the wrist/base of the hand when it is held at certain angles:

upload_2020-11-27_16-32-41.png

I am going to leave them as is for now, and if they prove to be an issue when mounted I will play with softening those corner edges with an emery board or Dremel tool in the future.

@divezonescuba, thanks for pointing this out.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom