Mares XR harness picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Here is the ad copy picture of the Mares XR harness, can you spot what's wrong in the picture?:

xr-417517_1a_1.jpg

-Z

Extra d ring on right hip but that is not “wrong” that is a DIR configuration choice

Yeah I think the real question is what is right about this? Just look at the the thing its like a walking flashy advertisement for Mares. Who would buy this and really why do you need Mares XR written all over the webbing 800 times in huge letters plus all the crazy looking cut outs in the backplate (and yeah some may say its to save weight for a travel backplate I call BS, so what you shaved off 1/2 lbs this is nothing in the grand scheme of things) All this just to look "cool" kind of reminds me of the snowboard/ski scene its all about how fancy your gear looks with all the brand names written in huge letters so everyone knows it but yet they are still horrible at skiing. Just like the XR which I am assuming stand for "extended range" I would venture to say 99% of the people that would buy this are not extended range divers if they even know what that certification is, but it sure makes them look cool like they are.

Plus I just looked on DGX and this things is $220!!! The current backplate I use is a second hand don't even know the brand that cost me $40.

bottom of the harness is rigged asymmetrically through the plate

Extra d ring on right hip but that is not “wrong” that is a DIR configuration choice

That is not what I was referring to...I was looking at how the two sides of the waist portion of the harness are woven through the slots. It grabbed my eye.

-Z

Yeah I think the real question is what is right about this? Just look at the the thing its like a walking flashy advertisement for Mares. Who would buy this and really why do you need Mares XR written all over the webbing 800 times in huge letters plus all the crazy looking cut outs in the backplate (and yeah some may say its to save weight for a travel backplate I call BS, so what you shaved off 1/2 lbs this is nothing in the grand scheme of things) All this just to look "cool" kind of reminds me of the snowboard/ski scene its all about how fancy your gear looks with all the brand names written in huge letters so everyone knows it but yet they are still horrible at skiing. Just like the XR which I am assuming stand for "extended range" I would venture to say 99% of the people that would buy this are not extended range divers if they even know what that certification is, but it sure makes them look cool like they are.

Plus I just looked on DGX and this things is $220!!! The current backplate I use is a second hand don't even know the brand that cost me $40.

Woah there....calm down and take a breath or 2.

-Z

Bottom right webbing through plate in reverse. Also not in my favorite color.

Yeah I think the real question is what is right about this? Just look at the the thing its like a walking flashy advertisement for Mares. Who would buy this and really why do you need Mares XR written all over the webbing 800 times in huge letters.

Almost as annoying as having big blue H's written all over the webbing. lol

Back
Top Bottom