Carnival 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Link at bottom seemed relevant but my Spanish isn’t good enough to keep up with it. Sounded like some risk of cancellation and they were evaluating their options this month (November ); but DO NOT quote me on that. Hopefully someone more fluent will give translation , but didn’t sound like decision had been made yet one way or other —fluent person might be able to tell from tone what way Mayor Joaquin was leaning.

Speaking strictly for myself —I would hope they postpone it until Summer timeframe , even though it is driven by religious holidays that obviously aren’t changing. Early February might be peak of second wave in Cozumel based on pattern we are seeing in states right now. (colder it gets the worse virus gets ). Mexico just doesn’t have the medical infrastructure to gamble. While you likely pick up some extra tourists, don’t know that a single good week for tourism would be worth risking spiking an outbreak among locals. The long term reopening we are in middle of now has a lot more rewards with it to offset the risks.

Distribution of vaccines will not be very far along in Mexico at that point —doubt the US will even be past 30 percent in early February. Mexico will almost certainly be behind the US in vaccine distribution. Scarce vaccine supply in the early part of 2021 doesn’t favor poorer countries with less of a pharmaceutical industry, logistical issues keeping vaccines very cold also doesn’t favor Mexico. None of that is Mexico’s fault obviously, just real issues they will need to deal with

[]

Trip Advisor said the same thing. It was based on the Mayor's (Governor's ?) Facebook page.

I cannot verify, as work has Facebook blocked.

Thanks for the updates! Sad - I have been coming to Cozumel during Carnival for about 12 years now!
I feel your pain. The list of things I traditionally do in a year but have not done in 2020 because of the #$%$%#!! pandemic is very long. Missing Christmas with my mom is the topper.

A few pics from last year on this date.
20191208_180117.jpg
20191208_224132.jpg
EFFECTS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom