Smarttrak compatible Logbook and app

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gene887

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been using Smarttrak for many many years and just had to get a new Win 10 computer, and yup I now have the same problem as Many others with Win 10. No more irda. I've read therough eveything I can find here and elsewhere and just can not get it to work.

Until I get a fix for the irda or a new dive computer I'm looking for recomendations on another logbook software that will read my current Smarttrak files ( It does Not have to communicate with the Smartcom). I was looking at Subsurface, but dont have a clue how to do the suggested Import-conversion and the automatic conversion link I found here
https://thetheoreticaldiver.org/rch-cgi-bin/smtk2ssrf.pl
Dosent work for me. It uploads my file then when it hits 100% - nothing.. I think another window is suppose to popup? If I could get that to work I would be happy and use Subsurface but since I cant get that to work either
what ofter software for Windows that also has an IOS phone app is available that would read my Smarttrak file?

I run this converter. It is supposed to return a ssrf file that you can open in subsurface. But error handling is practically non existent. Could you email me your file to robert@thetheoreticaldiver.org and I will see what I can do for you?

Thanks for replying and the offer. I messed around with it some more and my file although works for Smarttrack must stilll have had some corruption. I ended up exporting it, section by section and eventually it turned out to be the most recent log causing the problem, once I took care of that your conversion worked. Thanks for creating the tool!

Is it my imagination, but is Windows 10 20H0 not compatible with my Uwatec IRDA?
I went through the pain a few years back, but it was resolved. Now from mid November the dongle will not work. I have tried it on my PC, laptops (Acer Travelmate and Lenova). I then reverted to my Gigabyte Netbook with Win 7. First attempt, no problem.

I hadn't used mine in over 4 years and now have Windows 10 and a new computer. I was eventually able to get it to work but need to hold the Galileo Sol very close and very steady to get it to load the dives on my computer. As a first time on this computer it did need to load all the dives. I expect just getting a few new dives to load will be easier.

Is it my imagination, but is Windows 10 20H0 not compatible with my Uwatec IRDA?
I went through the pain a few years back, but it was resolved. Now from mid November the dongle will not work. I have tried it on my PC, laptops (Acer Travelmate and Lenova). I then reverted to my Gigabyte Netbook with Win 7. First attempt, no problem.
Yes I got my Windows 10 to work with iR as I have a Scubapro Tec 3G which uses iR but has no Bluetooth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom