I tested positive for covid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right now my pulse is high- high for me, and even walking from one room to another makes it jump to around 100 but it drops to 80 in a few minutes. My resting pulse is normally 65-75. That may just be from the steroid since I wasn’t like that before.
I will see my cardiologist. We have been watching borderline high blood pressure-my bicycle is really helping that. I will have to see what exercise does now and I want to talk to him before trying.

The fact that your pulse increases with mild exercise (walking from one room to another) MAY suggest some cardiopulmonary involvement.
So, keep your physicians apprised.

Pet peeve. If one has “occasional cough due to sinus drainage” one can not truly say they are without symptoms.

@pepperbelly Why are you on steroids?

The fact that your pulse increases with mild exercise (walking from one room to another) MAY suggest some cardiopulmonary involvement.
So, keep your physicians apprised.

I will. This just started this morning. I think it is related to the steroids but I pay my doctor to know more than I do so I’m checking with him.

Just a note of precaution. This is in the Diving medicine forum: so let's not let it devolve into any politics. Take that to the Pub.

I will be but I also like to talk to people who may have experienced it and especially dive docs that are aware of dive physiology.
Agree on dive docs.....but they are not "random" dudes!

Not giving treatment advice but I will tell you in general I have seen elevated heart rates in our covid/covid suspects and any respiratory illness can make one a bit activity intolerant.

Again as general information steroid recommends for covid, like most everything else related to covid, have changed over time but you might want to ask your cardiologist if you should stop the steroid.

Back
Top Bottom