I tested positive for covid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this is still speculation.

I agree. In fact the other night I saw Dr. Fauci say that even people who have had COVID-19 should get the vaccine because no one knows how long immunity from the disease might last. Also, at least a few people have had COVID-19 twice, so obviously were not immune from the first episode.

My doctors MA said to keep taking the steroid since it is a short term dosage. She was going to check with him and call back if he absolutely did not want me to exercise.
I waited as long as I wanted to then got out on my bicycle. I only did 5.5k and felt like I could go a lot further but I didn't want to be stupid about it-at least today. If I feel as good tomorrow I am going further.
I had no breathing problems and even up an incline-I can't call it a hill, my pulse never got over 134bpm. It is 80* today and tomorrow will be nice too. It’s supposed to rain Friday so I will be stuck on my indoor trainer.
I am starting to think I have superior dna. I am too old and out of shape for it to not affect me.

Although Covid 19 is too new to have enough data to make a confident decision, based on the fact that scar tissue is frequently seen in the lungs of covid survivors and the fact that I know of at least one dive fatality caused by a cancerous growth acting as a one way valve and resulted in a barotrauma event. I would be proceeding with extreme caution before heading back under water should I contract covid. In the case I just described the diver did not know he had cancer as it was only discovered during the autopsy.

My doctors MA said to keep taking the steroid since it is a short term dosage. She was going to check with him and call back if he absolutely did not want me to exercise.
I waited as long as I wanted to then got out on my bicycle. I only did 5.5k and felt like I could go a lot further but I didn't want to be stupid about it-at least today. If I feel as good tomorrow I am going further.
I had no breathing problems and even up an incline-I can't call it a hill, my pulse never got over 134bpm. It is 80* today and tomorrow will be nice too. It’s supposed to rain Friday so I will be stuck on my indoor trainer.
I am starting to think I have superior dna. I am too old and out of shape for it to not affect me.
Riding is euphoric. I ride daily whether I'm feeling sluggish or not and always feel great after my ride...go riding and enjoy the outside....its a great exercise. I seriously doubt it'll cause any short or long term issues...let me add, if your taking steroids, stay away from starch unless you need to gain weight.

I am trying to avoid carbs as much as possible anyway. I gained weight after quitting smoking snd I’m not happy about it.
I know my dna has nothing to do with it but I have been taking a multi vitamin that has 15mg of zinc. I wonder if that has helped me not have symptoms.

I do not know what effect steroid have for this question.
That is really the point, isn't it? You do not know what you don't know, and what you don't know could seriously harm you, especially if it is related to blocked alveoli, for example.

I know my dna has nothing to do with it but I have been taking a multi vitamin that has 15mg of zinc. I wonder if that has helped me not have symptoms.
According to the massive survey performed in Vo' (Italy) approximately 43% of people infected by Covid-19 had no symptoms at all.
Here the scientific paper reporting these results: Suppression of COVID-19 outbreak in the municipality of Vo’, Italy
So I doubt that DNA or Zinc are the explanation.
This virus is very strange, a lot of people get it with apparently no damage.
Unfortunately, instead, many other people get severe damage, and a few percent die.

I am thinking before I dive after putting covid behind me I will ask for a chest x-ray.
I am a navy vet, marine engineer who was exposed to lots of asbestos in the 70s and 80s. I get chest x-rays every couple of years but I am going to look for a covid antibody test before I engage in my previous tech diving activities. I do think you are wise to get an x-ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom