Closed Thermo 300bar DIN valve

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Thermo 300bar DIN valve

$60

2019-10-26 15.54.45.jpg

300 bar...meaning it will only accept a 300bar DIN 1st stage.

Interesting that they made a 200 bar service pressure valve that is designed to only accept a 7 thread fitting of a 300 bar din 1st stage instead of making it a 5 thread valve so it can be used with a 232 bar din fitting 1st stage or an adapter to convert for use with a yoke type 1st stage.

-Z

still around

I am interested but concerned that if it is really a 300 bar valve it shouldn't be rated at only 3000 PSI.
Isn't 300 bar like 4350 PSI more or less?
Bill

I am interested but concerned that if it is really a 300 bar valve it shouldn't be rated at only 3000 PSI.
Isn't 300 bar like 4350 PSI more or less?
Bill

It's legit. This valve is for someone who uses a DIN reg set and has no need for the adaptability of the prot type valve with 5 threads that accepts an insert to convert it for use with a yoke type 1st stage.

You can read the product description at the following link:
Thermo DIN — XS Scuba - Everything For The Perfect Dive

I imagine the difference between the 3000psi and the 3442 version is just a different burst disc rated for the higher pressure...but a call or email to XS Scuba can confirm.

-Z

Well the link you showed is to the current version that is air only. I will give xs a call and see what the issue is and ask my local dive shop if they will nitrox fill an air only valve.
I will let you know soon.
BVA

I have a 300bar din valve on an aluminuO2 bottle, my dive shop fills it. it does not have an "air only" Sticker.
Make sure the burst disk matches the tank pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom