I tested positive for covid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to avoid carbs as much as possible anyway. I gained weight after quitting smoking snd I’m not happy about it.
I know my dna has nothing to do with it but I have been taking a multi vitamin that has 15mg of zinc. I wonder if that has helped me not have symptoms.

I am (and would be) taking Vitamin C, and D-3 to help boost immunity. There is decent information that low Vitamin D levels were associated with negative outcomes. Although if you are outdoors riding frequently, it may not be an issue for you. If you are infected, you are supposed to stay home and isolate for a good period of time after all symptoms have resolved.

I take Centrum Silver. As long as I avoid people it’s safe for me to ride. Fresh air can’t hurt. It won’t matter after tomorrow. It’s going to rain and get cold Friday so I will be indoors on my trainer.

A coworker of mine had a very mild case back in March, nearly asymptomatic, and just found out she has extensive lung scarring. See a doc.

Sorry to hear that you got coronavirus. I had it 1 month ago. I had fever for 7-8 days. I felt coronavirus symptoms appr. for 2 weeks, then they disappeared. I am currently not diving, allowing body to rest. However, I am doing 7-8 km hikes on a weekly basis in Scottish hills - do not feel any difference in breathing comparing to pre-covid state.

In internet I saw the following information related to recommendations after COVID:

MEDICAL RECOMMENDATIONS (2, 3):
Divers who have tested positive for COVID-19 but have remained completely asymptomatic, should wait ONE month before resuming diving.
Divers who have had symptomatic COVID-19, should wait at least THREE months before applying for fit-to-dive clearance conducted by a medical professional.
Divers who have been hospitalized with or because of pulmonary symptoms in relation to COVID-19, should wait at least THREE months before applying for fit-to-dive clearance conducted by a medical professional, with complete pulmonary function testing and an exercise test with peripheral oxygen saturation measurement as well as a high resolution CT scan of the lungs.
Divers who have been hospitalized with or because of cardiac problems in relation to COVID-19, should wait at least THREE months before applying for fit-to-dive clearance conducted by a medical professional that includes a cardiac evaluation, including echocardiography and an exercisetest (exerciseelectrocardiography).

REFERENCES
(1) Return to Diving Post COVID-19 - Issued by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) in the USA
(2) Diving after COVID-19 pulmonary infection - Position statement of the Belgian Society for Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine (SBMHS-BVOOG)
(3) Recreational and professional diving after the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak - Position statement of EUBS & ECHM

My intention is to wait for 3 months, use that time for training exercises (mainly hiking, kettlebell, general fitness), then I am going to see BSAC doctor (I am member of BSAC and BSAC doctor clearance is required to restart diving).

Wish you speedy recovery!

Thanks to some irresponsible extended family my wife, daughter and I now have covid. Their symptoms have been like very bad colds/flu.
So far I have no symptoms-it’s been several days to a week since my exposure. The steroid is making my pulse faster than normal, and I will be talking to my doctor about that this morning.
My breathing is fine-lungs are clear and only sn occasional cough due to sinus drainage- thanks mountain cedar.
Do I need a special physical before I start diving? It will probably be spring-summer before I get wet.
BTW it’s been 2 years since I quit smoking. My timing may have been perfect. Thanks for the support I got here.

You're fortunate to have the hyperbaric unit at Texas Health Dallas nearby. I'd recommend you contact them for a fitness-to-dive exam once you think you are completely recovered.
http://www.ieemphd.org/texas-health-dallas-hyperbaric-medicine-unit

Best regards,
DDM

Thanks to some irresponsible extended family my wife, daughter and I now have covid. Their symptoms have been like very bad colds/flu.
So far I have no symptoms-it’s been several days to a week since my exposure. The steroid is making my pulse faster than normal, and I will be talking to my doctor about that this morning.
My breathing is fine-lungs are clear and only sn occasional cough due to sinus drainage- thanks mountain cedar.
Do I need a special physical before I start diving? It will probably be spring-summer before I get wet.
BTW it’s been 2 years since I quit smoking. My timing may have been perfect. Thanks for the support I got here.

Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery for you and your entire family.

Did 5 miles on my bicycle just now. Feel great. Weather is perfect but changing to cold rain tomorrow.
BTW having a headwind while going uphill is just not right, especially when riding a loop through town and having it 3 times.

May I recommend to all of you have had covid to contact DAN. They're doing a study on effects of covid.

It's for the greater good, so I'm hopeful that you will get on board.

May I recommend to all of you have had covid to contact DAN. They're doing a study on effects of covid.

It's for the greater good, so I'm hopeful that you will get on board.
Do we know if they are looking for volunteer subjects?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom