CCR support in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi folks,

I'm looking at going to Coz next week (12/26 - 1/2). I'm interested in bringing my rEvo CCR to use for my diving while I'm there.

Is there anywhere there where I can rent cylinders for my CCR and buy sorb?

I called Deep Exposure and they said they would only rent to customers who are diving with them. I will be diving with Aldora. So, DE basically just said "sorry. We can't help you."

Thanks for any guidance!

- Stuart

or check with Memo at Aldora. he is a CCR advocate.

Dave Dillehay

Island Divers sells Hollis rebreathers, Chris, the owner dives them - don't know how he feels about renting tanks. I'll message you Chris' phone number.

Deep Exposure is like that - one other place might have tanks is Cozumel Dive School as I think one of them guys dives rebreathers.

Hey, all. Thank you for all the help!

After more research and, especially, talking to @macado, whose blogs were posted by @Wstern5 (thank you!), I have decided not to take my CCR on this trip.

I can see that it would be a lot of hassle, both traveling, and on a daily basis to get cylinder fills. It is not worth it for this trip (diving with everyone else on OC, doing NDL dives). With Aldora having HP120s, even I can manage not to Hoover a whole tank down before my NDL runs out...:) On the deeper dives, anyway, obviously.... LOL

@ChuckP, thank you again for the other info, too.

Island Divers sells Hollis rebreathers, Chris, the owner dives them - don't know how he feels about renting tanks. I'll message you Chris' phone number..
FYI, Island Divers does rent CCR tanks (my roommate works for them).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom