Closed Whites Thermal Fusion Undergarment L/XL - New

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tech3324

Lionfish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Bought new at the LDS as a cold water undergarment but never used. Tried on once to confirm size but otherwise unworn.

$200 shipped lower 48.

IMG_20201116_133031.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201116_120946.jpg
    IMG_20201116_120946.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 34
Hey, I appreciate it's a month-old post but is that still available at all? I've got a couple of sizing questions too if you haven't sold it yet...

Yes, still available.

Nice! Just wondering how stretchy does it feel? I'm pretty much at the upper end of all categories for the size L/XL, would you think it would still have space for base layer / thicker base layer?

Are you diving a L/XL Fusion drysuit and no fit issues? If so then the same size Thermal Fusion would be correct. For any drysuit other than a Fusion, this wouldn't be my first choice in undergarments.

It is stretchy compared to a Mk 2 undergarment, maybe 20% stretch in a sleeve. A thin base layer like a Mk 0 would definitely not be a problem, but can't comment about a thicker base. Probably want a slick base layer with the Thermal Fusion for ease of getting in/out.

I haven't tried this undergarment with a drysuit so it's hard to offer any useful observations. Maybe check with a shop like DRIS that sells a lot of Fusions and see what they think.

Good point, thanks, I'll give them a call. I'm diving an old DUI Extreme drysuit, XL size. Why wouldn't you choose that for other than Fusion drysuits by the way? Warmth or donning or something?

Good point, thanks, I'll give them a call. I'm diving an old DUI Extreme drysuit, XL size. Why wouldn't you choose that for other than Fusion drysuits by the way? Warmth or donning or something?

I have 2xl/3xl thermal fusion bought new, only used it twice. It is a little long on me....if you want to buy the l/xl one here and then trade, it could work for us both. I have not tried selling mine simply because I would have to take a great loss on a relativley new piece of gear. Let me know if you are interested.

-Z

Interesting thought. By the way, where are you based, Zef?

I am currently stationed in Belgium with access to the USPS via the DoD APO/FPO system. USPS shipping costs to an APO address are not much different than shipping domestically, the only difference is the USPS requires a customs declaration form to be filled out by the sender...you would fill one out for the package you would send me, and I would fill one out for the package I would send to you.

-Z

BTW...mine is an aqualung thermal fusion.

While it is the same product as the Whites version, the Whites brand dates the one above as a few years older than mine. I purchased mine in 2018 and have only used it twice as it I find it to be so warm that I only need it on exceptionally cold dives, like below 4 degrees celsius.

Then there is the comfort factor...the Thermal fusion itself is very comfortable to wear, at least for me, but I lost a bunch of weight not long after purchasing it, where I no longer needed the larger girth and suffered from the longer length of the garment particularly below the waist.

My assumption is the L/XL model would alleviate that...like I mentioned earlier, to sell would cause me to take a considerable loss on what I paid new and because I have not felt the need to use it, I don't even think about it....out of site out of mind.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom