Revision in Progress - Traveling Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was this survey reviewed and approved by your IRB?

I am surprised you are studying user experience design and your survey is so poorly designed. For example, you present the following: “Please indicate which you have done in the last 6 months.”; however, the interface only allows the selection of a single response. What if I have done more than one of the things in the list? Should I select what I have done the most of? Should I just randomly select one? I don’t know.

Why do you provide a personal email as the point of contact?

If you are looking for ways to improve excursion experiences in California, why are you gathering responses from any/other localities?

I think the points @cipherbreak raised are all valid. Here are some other constructive suggestions.

I am guessing that your email address is not really your personal one and that the "du" may represent an address you created for your university work. Either way, I used it for my own survey response as I choose to not give you my own email address.

If it is a distinct group such as state, use a select box as it will restrict to valid entries and make analysis easier rather than having various spellings and abbreviations of the same state

Be consistent in how you pose your questions. Some are questions, some are statements, some are sentence fragments, and some don't make sense (at least to me) such as "Select the option best fit your interests and hobbies"

Your questions seem more like placeholders for a layout rather than actual survey questions as I see no reason why adopting a dog or flying a kite has any bearing on excursions.

If your survey is only one page, why make them select "Next" before being able to Submit. Just put it on the main page.

Your 5 minute estimate should be 30 seconds or 1 minute.

Why do you provide a personal email as the point of contact?
Are you going to tell me that I shouldn’t have been typing in “president@whitehouse.gov” all these years?

I was hoping to really make the survey taker’s day.

Thank you everyone for your constructive feedbacks! I will be making revision to the survey. Your comments help me grow as a person and I very much appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom