Pristine, coral rich area on Bonaire that few see

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those nice mangroves at Margate Bay also serve as a base station for a 'healthy' mosquito population:confused:, at least as of my visit last year (when I learned that's not a good place to have the windows down while sitting in the truck).
You are spot on there and the lemby lembys are also really bad parts of the year. That is nature for you. If you want to get out there you have to take the bad with the good.

Overall the skeeters own the island .
Well, that I have to disagree with. Mosquitos come and go in waves. They like the rainy season for sure but after living here 4 years you get in the habit of working around things like mosquitoes. For example, when the wind is down we flock to the east coast and dive or we go out on our boat. The mosquitoes don't follow you out there. There are also parts of the year where they are nowhere around like when it is dry and windy.

OK as long as you guys follow up these posts with all the negatives then it will be OK! Seriously though, for the most part the last thing a pristine area of coral needs is more promotion. Make a video if you want but don't say where it was made.

Seriously. I assume you've never been to Bonaire and don't know the site conditions. Your comments make me wonder why you even dive in the first place.

I have made 9 trips to the island and have only been lucky enough to do the Lighthouse dive once. Did about a 2 1/2 hour solo dive and it was heavenly to have the site to myself!!

I do dive, and I have been to Bonaire twice. Great places don't stay great once they get known. I admit I don't know the conditions at this particular site, but I'm not sure that matters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom