Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stuart, I think you cornered the market on the NRS boots. There's literally no stock anywhere in my state or even REI online. Had to roll the dice and order out of state. Got free shipping and no tax though. Hopefully they fit.

I went to an REI recently to try some on and they were out as well. The person I spoke to said he wasn't sure if it was an out of stock situation or a product that was transitioning to online only. Still planning on ordering a pair to try out.

I went to an REI recently to try some on and they were out as well. The person I spoke to said he wasn't sure if it was an out of stock situation or a product that was transitioning to online only. Still planning on ordering a pair to try out.
The girl at the local store said they transitioned from paddling season to ski season so they haven't restocked these boots and would likely get more in as we get closer to spring. I took a shot with the size and found some online at another store. Pretty slim inventory everywhere. Might be discontinuing soon.

The girl at the local store said they transitioned from paddling season to ski season so they haven't restocked these boots and would likely get more in as we get closer to spring. I took a shot with the size and found some online at another store. Pretty slim inventory everywhere. Might be discontinuing soon.
Let me know how they work out - I'm a similar size (8.5/9) with neoprene sock on drysuit and was considering the 10.

Major choices:
Quick neck system with warm neck
SiTech QCS ovals
neoprene socks
full telescoping
2 x large bellows pockets

Other stuff: DIR dump placement, zip cover, kept the metal zip, wider braces, comfort inflation patch, computer straps

Biggest decisions were socks vs boots and whether to go replaceable seals. Might one day decide to go dry gloves but replaceable seals was the main decision. Likewise might one day go for a pee valve as many people advocate, but it can always be stuck on afterwards.

This arrived today! Actually was due to arrive last Tuesday but I was out so had FedEx hold it until today. That's a full month ahead of my original ship date of 15th Jan.

Initial (dry) impressions: both the suit and the undersuit fit like a dream. I have the 250g/sm undersuit and I couldn't fit much more under the Nova. Workmanship looks great. It'll take a while to get used to a front zip and the neck ring compared to my old suit.

I can't wait to get it in the water, but unfortunately I will have to. COVID travel restrictions prevent me from getting to local sites even. And I need to buy rock boots and maybe new fins...

This arrived today! Actually was due to arrive last Tuesday but I was out so had FedEx hold it until today. That's a full month ahead of my original ship date of 15th Jan.

Initial (dry) impressions: both the suit and the undersuit fit like a dream. I have the 250g/sm undersuit and I couldn't fit much more under the Nova. Workmanship looks great. It'll take a while to get used to a front zip and the neck ring compared to my old suit.

I can't wait to get it in the water, but unfortunately I will have to. COVID travel restrictions prevent me from getting to local sites even. And I need to buy rock boots and maybe new fins...
Congrats! Sounds like a great suit.

Instead of rock boots and new fins ($$$), consider just using soft wetsuit booties over your compressed neo sock and a thin wool undersock. That is sufficiently warm for rec dives in my local waters around 9-13 degrees C. My drysuit booties are a size or two bigger than my wetsuit booties, but they are close enough that I can use the same fins for diving wet or dry.

I got my shipping notice that my drysuit will be on its way a full month ahead of schedule. I don't know if Brexit would impact shipping from the UK to the US, but all in all I am delighted not to have to find out. Will update when it arrives.

What do you guys suggest for undergarments for 60-65 F water temps with this suit? 2-4 hour fives met be twice a day.

What do you guys suggest for undergarments for 60-65 F water temps with this suit? 2-4 hour fives met be twice a day.
I assume that is 2 2-4 hour dives each day. There is nothing special about this drysuit compared to any other trilam drysuit regarding warmth. I would suggest reading existing undersuit threads and using the undersuit manufacturer guides to thermal layers. If you want further advice I would suggest starting a new thread for it with more details about your personal thermal needs unless you are specifically looking at Seaskin undergarments or wondering about fitment in a Seaskin drysuit.

I haven’t took the plunge today as I ordered a MTM seaskin undergarment and a set of base layer!
Finally excited to have something that fits nicely.
once my drysuit dies, a Nova will be on my list for sure.

Back
Top Bottom