Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• 617EC144-1FCB-4A45-94F6-505782EDCD9B.png
    617EC144-1FCB-4A45-94F6-505782EDCD9B.png
    494.8 KB · Views: 64
Good question. It's near Scarface because that was the first drop. It may also be "Leigh's". According to the deckhand (Ryan) it's a site Captain Tim named. I'm not familiar enough with the ledge to tell you exactly where it is, though.
Thanks, I've not heard of it. I dived a site new to me on my last visit, Tim's Ledge, north of Area 51

I find this statement questionable: "Nitrogen does this about 40 percent slower than regular air, according to Chemical & Engineering News, and this results in more stable tire pressures over a longer period of time" (in the original paper, " Inflating a tire with nitrogen will slow pressure loss due to permeation by about 40%."). Maybe they confused nitrogen with argon?

Got out yesterday afternoon with JDC. Water temp was 79, viz was around 50 feet, north current was moderate. Seas were nice for once and the blue water was in closer that it has been as of recent. There were only 6 of us on the boat which was very nice. Several boats out of the reef diving and fishing.

We dove Spadefish and Bonnies. The Lemon Sharks have started to show up. Saw at least two on Bonnies (maybe more but couldn't tell if it was the same shark or a different one). Had planned to shoot some lion fish but nixxed that once the Lemon's showed up. Saw two big logger heads, a green, and a hawksbill too. One of the loggers had what looked like a 5 foot long carapace - it was a stud! Several folks on the boat got lobsters on both dives.

A good afternoon overall. I had just gotten back from VA the night before so I was lucky to take advantage of the good conditions yesterday afternoon. Looking towards the weekend we might have a diveable window on Saturday.

Finished up my SDI Solo Course with Dave at JDC this past weekend. Saturday was a little sporty (2-4's with some 5's in the mix) but conditions under water were nice. 60+ feet of viz and 77 degree bottom temp. We've had a great run of weekend weather since Thanksgiving. I've made it out every weekend since. The water is starting to cool off a bit but still plenty warm for most folks (it's 5 mil season for me now). The Lemons are showing up more frequently. I'm looking forward to some Lemon Drop dives next month. Plenty of nurse and CRS on the reefs as well. Saw a big living room rug of a southern ray at Scarface on Saturday.

I plan to start exploring the top of the reefs a little more and start some lobstering now that I've finished the solo course. Also plan to commit some more time to photography.

... The Lemons are showing up more frequently..
And today divers in Jupiter have posted confirmed pictures of a 13 foot Great White shark that they were able to get within 10 ft of.
It's Jupiter and there is nothing like it and the variety we have in our back yard on a 2 digit trip cost.

And today divers in Jupiter have posted confirmed pictures of a 13 foot Great White shark that they were able to get within 10 ft of.
It's Jupiter and there is nothing like it and the variety we have in our back yard on a 2 digit trip cost.

Not only that, they scored a sharky hat trick with bulls on that dive and a tiger on a subsequent one, plus the usual lemons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom