Cressi Digi 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont see the point in this device as much as i like gadgets.
too much information for a SPG.
Instead I would use a transmiter for the TC AND a real SPG.

I dont see the point in this device as much as i like gadgets.
too much information for a SPG.
Instead I would use a transmiter for the TC AND a real SPG.

How is the Cressi not a real SPG?

It is a cool little gizmo of an spg but not much more. In retrospect I didn't really need another spg and could have saved the money for my kids' college fund.

Hahaha hahaha, who am I kidding?

A real SPG is a simple and mechanic device, just shows pressure and does not need a battery.
In a stressfull situation one glance at the digi2 would just confuse me.
It's neither a TC or Bottomtimer, because there is no actual "timer" funktion,
nor a SPG and does not even offer light, when already battery operated.

Dont get me wrong to everyone his own. If you with your million dives are happy with it why not.
I personaly find it neither fish nor meat and an addtional failurepoint (battery)
But I give you that it looks cool and I also tried to sell it to myself, but jsut could not because of the points up there.
Anyway enjoy it and safe dives! ;-)

It is a cool little gizmo of an spg but not much more. In retrospect I didn't really need another spg and could have saved the money for my kids' college fund.

Hahaha hahaha, who am I kidding?

I already put my son through college and Law school he graduated in July 2018. So he is at least debt free no student loans.

So I could afford the Cressi now.

A real SPG is a simple and mechanic device, just shows pressure and does not need a battery. In a stressfull situation one glance at the digi2 would just confuse me. It's neither a TC or Bottomtimer, because there is no actual "timer" funktion, nor a SPG and does not even offer light, when already battery operated.

Dont get me wrong to everyone his own. If you with your million dives are happy with it why not. I personaly find it neither fish nor meat and an addtional failurepoint (battery) But I give you that it looks cool and I also tried to sell it to myself, but jsut could not because of the points up there. Anyway enjoy it and safe dives! ;-)

I like it as like the Perdix it's easy and clear to read. I still kept my old SPG so if there was ever an issue could switch back. Analogues fail as well. It's a console so it's not meant to be conflated with a dive computer.

I like it as like the Perdix it's easy and clear to read. I still kept my old SPG so if there was ever an issue could switch back. Analogues fail as well. It's a console so it's not meant to be conflated with a dive computer.

Analogue SPGs fail yes, but an additional battery in the water to operate a simple SPG is an "additional" failure point.
And my point is..then why not go all the way and add the TC and all the yadayada one would expect from a "console"?

Anyway. this is just my humble opinion and if I would get one of those on a single rental gear rec dive, I wouldnt care less,
but as I am heading to cave and tech..it just doesnt makes sense. FOR ME! ;-) (still looks cool though)

Analogue SPGs fail yes, but an additional battery in the water to operate a simple SPG is an "additional" failure point.
And my point is..then why not go all the way and add the TC and all the yadayada one would expect from a "console"?

Anyway. this is just my humble opinion and if I would get one of those on a single rental gear rec dive, I wouldnt care less,
but as I am heading to cave and tech..it just doesnt makes sense. FOR ME! ;-) (still looks cool though)

Works fine in caves and shipwrecks so far for me. :)

How long is a HP hose attached to Digi 2?

I consider buing the console (I would use it as backup device - like my "Digital 330" minus average depth plus precise pressure readings for tracking my RMV - yes, I'm an engineer and I like numbers :) ), but if the hose is too long - it would not fit my "DIR" configuration (currently my HP hose is 65cm / 2ft 1.5in long). I don't like have it dangling on my side.

I have read the manual (https://www.cressi.com/easyUp/file/instructions/E190L894-Manuale_DIGI2_EN.pdf) and it says "It is strictly prohibited to replace the hose originally assembled on the DIGI 2 console with another of a different type or model. Doing so will immediately void the warranty.".

But... is device HP socket same as in analog gauge? Will my current HP hose fit it (if I decide to take a risk and replace the hose anyway)?

Deluxe digital SPG, I have no problem with it. I'm currently diving 2 AI computers off a single transmitter and have a SPG, who am I to say?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom