Drinking Buddies in Gainesville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a setback. Even after getting the Shingrex vaccine a couple of years ago, I got stinking shingles. I absolutely lost my balance and will be doing a couple of OW dives before I move on to rebreathering and caving.

Why not do a ScubaBoard dive on New Year's Eve at Troy?

Sorry to hear that. Shingles stinks.

I had a setback. Even after getting the Shingrex vaccine a couple of years ago, I got stinking shingles. I absolutely lost my balance and will be doing a couple of OW dives before I move on to rebreathering and caving.

Why not do a ScubaBoard dive on New Year's Eve at Troy?

Yikes, my mom got that, she said it really sucked for a while.

Probably won't be able to make it, I'm laying off for a couple of weeks to finally let this wound under my prosthetic heal completely. I didn't do that for my trip to Mexico and actually opened it up worse from all the rubbing walking around the airport to the point that I actually did the wheelchair assistance thing at the airport for my trip back yesterday. Had to swallow my pride but thanks to that the wound is almost healed.

Now I have to schedule another Mexico trip to go all the things I couldn't do due to not being able to walk all that great, like visit the Xel-ha ruins (the Mayan ones not the waterpark, though I know people that would like to turn the waterpark and the rest of Xcarat into ruins).

Troy Springs is one my favorite haunts. It was a Civil War wreck: The CS Madison. Maybe we should pick a date and open it for lots of ScubaBoardians to descend on it???
Troy Springs on (Sunday) Jan 3rd (any day that weekend would be fine, but Sunday would rock for me)? Getting all the scubaboardians (didn't know that was a word, but it fits so well) together would be pretty sweet.

I actually did the wheelchair assistance thing at the airport for my trip back yesterday. Had to swallow my pride but thanks to that the wound is almost healed.

I get where you're coming from, but don't worry about the pride thing. Seriously, you're killing it, and it's so important to take care of yourself! If you don't take care of yourself, you just end up with a bigger set back. Wishing you and @The Chairman chairman speedy recovery!

Troy Springs on (Sunday) Jan 3rd (any day that weekend would be fine, but Sunday would rock for me)? Getting all the scubaboardians (didn't know that was a word, but it fits so well) together would be pretty sweet.
I like it! Count me there. 9:00 am? Earlier?

I live in High Springs...and go to Gators Dockside periodically. Give a shout if you ever make it to Gators for brewskis and wings.

Anyone else have an opinion? We can do more than one dive. :D

I'll likely be there all weekend (starting Friday morning), but will also likely be moving tons and tons of furniture and stuff from one house to another. So I'm open to nearly everything, but just gonna play it by ear. 90% joking, but if anyone needs a pre dive workout, head to my place :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom