DIR- Generic Valve drills with short knob valves ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya. When I’m doing valve shutdowns on my doubles I need the feel of a large knob through my cold water gloves. I have no idea how easy or hard it would be to manipulate these valves when they are now half their size.

But....why?

You mean why do short knobs exist? Or why should one have them? Or why should using one be different from the bigger knob?

You mean why do short knobs exist? Or why should one have them? Or why should using one be different from the bigger knob?

what are your answers to each of the above? Though the first is not really important, so look at the second two questions you posited.

But....why?
Because sinbad is bored and decided to started worrying about a manifold that doesnt even exist?

Pretty soon there will be a raging debate about whether sherwood, DGX, or thermo knobs are easier to turn compared to rebreather knobs

Because sinbad is bored and decided to started worrying about a manifold that doesnt even exist?

But I just posted a link proving its existence and saw one on a pair of doubles. What makes you think it does not exist?:eyebrow:

But I just posted a link proving its existence and saw one on a pair of doubles. What makes you think it does not exist?:eyebrow:
You posted a link to some specialized rebreather valves not a manifold. But I will give you some credit, you haven't turned this thread into an advertisement for UTD yet so that's an improvement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom