What is the hardest thing about scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Refraining from stabbing people who kick up silt because they are swimming like fekken seahorses while I'm trying to take photographs.

For many it is getting comfortable underwater (i.e. claustrophobia, fear of the water, fear of alien environments, etc.). The thing I've seen that stops most who really want to learn to dive is equalizing. Can't do that, can't dive. :( Beyond that it's time, money, and, priorities. For those that can find a way through the maze of obstacles, the "world is our oyster." Happy holidays...:):santa3: All IMHO, YMMV.

In cold weather, out on the boat, putting the top half of your wetsuit back on after you peeled it off to get dry and warm following the first dive.

The required call-out is:

“Aii-Yi-yi-Yi-Yiiii !!!”, really loud, repeated until you splash back in, after which it unexpectedly feels fine.

;-)

The hardest thing about scuba diving? That would be paying for extended stay trips to the Caribbean.

Having a spouse that can't SCUBA dive due to a medical condition. My daughter recently started SCUBA diving. Sat through class with her (great refresher) and going with her on her training dives. Once she's certified, I'll have a dive buddy...until she decides to move away..LOL

Back
Top Bottom