2021 Travel. How much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrackaFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A group of us that go to Cayman Brac once a year(past year was a miss for reasons that will not be spoken) were talking about next years trip and the subject of how much travel came up. The answers were all over the place. Some people were on reduced work hours and so they were cutting back on travel. Others were planning to double up on travel to make up for lost time. I am wondering what the general thinking of the SB world is towards next year’s trips. Thoughts???

We retired in early 2020 and had plans to do some traveling - not just dive travel - but that didn't happen. We did manage a trip to St Croix this year and it was great, but I have hopes that 2021 will provide more opportunities!

None. The financial hit of 2020 will preclude any travel for at least two years.

I only traveled to and dived in Florida in 2020. Trips to Bonaire and Malpelo were cancelled.

I'm hoping 2021 will be better, especially second half. Malpelo was rescheduled to July, have not rescheduled the two weeks in Bonaire yet. My wife and I should be vaccinated in the March/April timeframe

Best of luck to everyone

Florida once, Coz twice...Coz is the place to be...safer than the US.

First quarter, still none planned.
Second quarter, hoping for some travel. Road trip stuff.
Third quarter, have a huge trip planned for over a year. Really hope it still happens.
Fourth quarter, TBD.

So planning on starting out soft, and ramp back up mid year to normal levels. Not adding extra, at least for the dive part. The family decided to delay Christmas. I got nothing this year and have everyone else's gifts still at my place. We are guessing we will have Christmas around Easter time.

None. The financial hit of 2020 will preclude any travel for at least two years.

Several of our friends are in the same boat and are hoping for travel in 2022

First quarter, still none planned.
Second quarter, hoping for some travel. Road trip stuff.
Third quarter, have a huge trip planned for over a year. Really hope it still happens.
Fourth quarter, TBD.

So planning on starting out soft, and ramp back up mid year to normal levels. Not adding extra, at least for the dive part. The family decided to delay Christmas. I got nothing this year and have everyone else's gifts still at my place. We are guessing we will have Christmas around Easter time.

Most of our group has similar plans, nothing in first quarter and hoping for the jab in the second quarter. Everyone stay safe

No change here at all. I’ll still be driving to various diving spots around the Great Lakes region. However, will probably split my full cave class next winter between WI (mine diving) and cave country with same instructor. Never been to FL at all.

bonaire next Christmas....

Will have to do another spearfishing trip to Panama City or back to key Largo to bridge the gap.

All else fails will take the gear to our lake house and do some low vis diving!

Back
Top Bottom