Do you advertise your a diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have any stickers on my car, although if theft wasn't a consideration, I most certainly would. I own plenty of diving related t-shirts, caps, stickers (stuck all over my gear bins), have a diving screen saver, wallpaper(PC), and mousepad, and generally try to immerse myself in any diving related accessory I can.
That said, I don't wear them all at once, it can definately be overkill. I'll just wear one item at a time (gotta retain that sense of mystery!), hang on, does that classify me as cool?
Even a thing such as my dive watch can start a conversation with a non diver. I too take great delight in talking to a non diver about the joys of our sport, and help dispel some of the myths that have built up over the years.
So yes, in a subtle sort of a way, I advertise the fact that 'm a diver.

Dive flag on my car and boat! Pictures of divers all around my company! Promote diving every chance I get. LOVE IT, LOVE TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Sometimes I may wear a cap that has some sort of logo on it.
Norm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom