Covid mask wearing protocol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious, unless someone was their only contact in two weeks, how can one really know who gave it to whom?

I went to lunch with a coworker on Tuesday, and he tested positive on Wednesday (we drove in my car). My temp was elevated on Saturday. On Monday, I got tested and received the positive test on Tuesday. I know where I got it, even though I was around others. Case investigators and contact tracers are a big help with the deductions of where a person might have contracted it.

If you went to a Trump rally, you might assume you got viral loading for ten or more people (but which ones you wouldn't know).

My son-in-law's parents caught COVID-19 from someone who had had it and recovered.

Unless they never left the house, that's a very difficult thing to prove, or even assume. Going to the mailbox, pumping gas, going to the grocery store, petting someone's dog, etc.... there are a million ways to get infected.

Do you consider the "U-Turn" a bad thing or a good thing?

It's a good thing, so long as it's based on science and not political pressures. It's also a good thing to know which sources periodically amend their advice versus which sources "update" their estimates every other week depending on which interviewer asks the question.

But just because the U-turn is a good thing is not grounds to deny that there was a u-turn and act like the general population was advised correctly from the outset. I would just like to see the "experts" man up and accept responsibility rather than scapegoat (or sit back and let others scapegoat) politicians and talk show hosts. You can point a finger at Trump or Fox but there were no executive orders blocking CDC or other "experts" from advising the medical industry to brace itself and stock up on PPE back in January. Instead, experts like Fauci was giving interviews calling the the threat to America "miniscule" in late Feb when Italians were dying in the streets and he even said in early March that if healthy people wanted to take a cruise they should feel free to go on a cruise.

Reactions: BRT
I went to lunch with a coworker on Tuesday, and he tested positive on Wednesday (we drove in my car). My temp was elevated on Saturday. On Monday, I got tested and received the positive test on Tuesday. I know where I got it, even though I was around others. Case investigators and contact tracers are a big help with the deductions of where a person might have contracted it.

Being the incubation period until onset of symptoms ranges from 1-14 days (typically 3-5) and varies by individual, I don't think you really do. You might have given it to your coworker. The person who sees symptoms first is not necessarily the person who was infected first. That's just a medical fact.

Being the incubation period until onset of symptoms ranges from 1-14 days (typically 3-5) and varies by individual, I don't think you really do. You might have given it to your coworker. The person who sees symptoms first is not necessarily the person who was infected first. That's just a medical fact.

Review the timeline. He tested positive one day after riding with me. I had onset of symptoms five days after riding with him. It's much more likely that he gave it to me.

Edit: He had symptoms within six hours of us having lunch, that's why he got tested.

Review the timeline. He tested positive one day after riding with me. I had onset of symptoms five days after riding with him. It's much more likely that he gave it to me.

More likely. I can agree with that. But that's not the same as saying "I know". There is no timeline correlation when the onset of symptoms varies 1-14 days. And over half of the spread is asymptomatic so you cannot rule out getting it from someone because they had no symptoms at your moment of contact.

Right. A friend of mine has two 20-something stepsons who firmly contend that there is no virus at all and that the pandemic is an elaborate worldwide hoax. They go out to bars and restaurants and they haven't gotten sick, and that's all the proof they need.
If they drink enough, they might get cancer of the liver, if they don't die in a knife-fight first. They probably smoke and drive cars without seatbelts.They've got nothing to worry about. They'll be immortal until they die. :)

Edit: He had symptoms within six hours of us having lunch, that's why he got tested.

How are you both doing?
Have you had theropeutics?
I hope you both fully recover...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom