Taking a Dji Mavic Mini Drone to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't stayed up to date on the DJI software but I was under the impression it now refuses to fly in airport no fly zones. That's based on several messages posted here during the negotiations between Transport Canada & the drone manufacturers association (or whatever they use as a common platform for such negotiations. Until that was settled It was illegal for me to fly my fixed wing RC aircraft or a drone in my back yard for 2 years because I was just under 9 Km from an airport. Reg's were changed to 5 Km later thankfully. (I live in a rural area & have flown here for many years & can again now legally).

Also, there is now a fee charged for cameras at cenotes. It was $20 US at angelita. There is probably a similar charge to fly a drone over a cenote.

You might have trouble flying in town, I think that drone software will limit your flight - down south, no problem. Up North might be too close to the airport but not sure.

We fly down south and the east side all the time, mine and others doesn't limit flights in the city so I think it's just a software difference - I have a Typhoon Q500

You might have trouble flying in town, I think that drone software will limit your flight - down south, no problem. Up North might be too close to the airport but not sure.

We fly down south and the east side all the time, mine and others doesn't limit flights in the city so I think it's just a software difference - I have a Typhoon Q500
You can fly around town but why bother. Stay to the south, east, or far north.

I haven't stayed up to date on the DJI software but I was under the impression it now refuses to fly in airport no fly zones. That's based on several messages posted here during the negotiations between Transport Canada & the drone manufacturers association (or whatever they use as a common platform for such negotiations. Until that was settled It was illegal for me to fly my fixed wing RC aircraft or a drone in my back yard for 2 years because I was just under 9 Km from an airport. Reg's were changed to 5 Km later thankfully. (I live in a rural area & have flown here for many years & can again now legally).
You have height limitations and you have to request a lockout code from DJI. I fly mine all the time and am in the flight restriction zone.

You can fly around town but why bother. Stay to the south, east, or far north.

Sometimes people want pictures of properties - Adrian get video all the time in town, I've done around my house but you really gotta watch the privacy issues too and just be respectful. A friend wanted pics of his property here, his drone would lock out in that area but mine wouldn't so.......

I agree, plenty of area to the South North and East though and much better views.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom