Port closure by month update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's true about any aggregate data. There are no guarantees. You can't say come this month and you go diving, come next month and you won't. It's about trying to put the odds in your favor as best as you can and then dealing with the roll of the dice.

Fact is it was out of date when published.

Dave Dillehay

No it was not Dave. I took the data directly from my daily dive reports/rosters. It was 100% up to date at the time I posted it. And my 20 years as an operator reveal that the weather is unpredictable regardless of which month. The things you fight to be "right" about astonish me.

I will ask my assistant if she is willing to update for the past few years as we keep our dive logs for 10 years, but no promises. I certainly don't have time to do it and not really sure it really matters - the information doesn't change significantly from year to year.

That's true about any aggregate data. There are no guarantees. You can't say come this month and you go diving, come next month and you won't. It's about trying to put the odds in your favor as best as you can and then dealing with the roll of the dice.
Of course, but beyond showing when nortes have historically been more common (January and February), there is not much there to base a decision on; I have been blown out by nortes twice in May. And like all the investment disclaimers say, prior performance is not an indication of future performance.

No it was not Dave. I took the data directly from my daily dive reports/rosters. It was 100% up to date at the time I posted it. And my 20 years as an operator reveal that the weather is unpredictable regardless of which month. The things you fight to be "right" about astonish me.

I will ask my assistant if she is willing to update for the past few years as we keep our dive logs for 10 years, but no promises. I certainly don't have time to do it and not really sure it really matters - the information doesn't change significantly from year to year.

Dear Christi, the day you posted it I saw big gaps in your data. But I don't want to get in a pissing match, didn't then, so good luck for your operation.

Dave Dillehay

Dear Christi, the day you posted it I saw big gaps in your data. But I don't want to get in a pissing match, didn't then, so good luck for your operation.

Dave Dillehay
Even if the gaps are or were filled in, other than for historical curiosity what difference would it make? We all know when nortes are more likely to occur.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom