Spiro Pioneer Service Manuals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordi

Registered
Reaction score
Trying to locate the service manual for a Spiro Pioneer YOKE first stage. No luck at vintagedoublehose or frogkick. Best I could find is the parts description at www.spiro-vintage.com but I was hoping someone out there would have access to the full service manual. Thanks in advance.

Jordi

@Jordi Spiro never directly sold regulators in the U.S. They were sold under the US Divers, Aqualung, and Seaquest brands. I looked at the photo on the website and the only regulator that comes close is a Seaquest. Is this what you have? Seaquest XR2 1st stage info

@Jordi Spiro never directly sold regulators in the U.S. They were sold under the US Divers, Aqualung, and Seaquest brands. I looked at the photo on the website and the only regulator that comes close is a Seaquest. Is this what you have? Seaquest XR2 1st stage info
Thanks AMS511. Yes, it looks identical to that one. The only indication it is SPIRO is on the knob. I have now found service kits for the Pioneer in a german site but it is difficult to know what spare parts are included in the kit. The first stage leaks a bit from the high pressure chamber so it must be one of the seals in there but better to replace the whole thing.
Cheers. Jordi

Thanks AMS511. Yes, it looks identical to that one. The only indication it is SPIRO is on the knob. I have now found service kits for the Pioneer in a german site but it is difficult to know what spare parts are included in the kit. The first stage leaks a bit from the high pressure chamber so it must be one of the seals in there but better to replace the whole thing.
Cheers. Jordi

Usually on a first stage kit for a piston regulator there is a new seat and o-rings for the internals. Sometimes they add new o-rings for the port plugs. If there is an upgrade then they may add other parts. I would contact the shop in Germany and ask what it in the kit. Also you need to watch out for the age of the kit. O-rings do not last forever.

Late reply, but here is the manual in English should you still need it. It was also sold as the Aqualung Pioneer and Aqualung Nordic.

Interesting oil sealed piston design. Not Nitrox compatible. I still have one somewhere.

Attachments

• aqualung pioneer_nordic_repair_manual.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 229
Hi Umuntu. Brilliant, thanks a lot! I did get a Russian version which Google translate helped me out with but it was not the real thing. I have found service kits for it which are a bit pricey but I may give it a try. The best for me would be to convert it to a DIN first stage. Knowing that Aqualung also sold it, it may be feasible to find a conversion kit. At the end it may cost more than a new regulator but what the heck.
Thanks again.

Jordi

Hi @Jordi

See your messages about converting to DIN ...

The only difficult bit about servicing may be finding a new HP seat. The O-rings are standard Aqualung and easily available.

Back
Top Bottom