Returning to Cozumel in Feb. Any suggestions? All the Same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were given that form by the United Airlines check-in agent at the Cozumel airport for the return trip through Houston. We were asked to fill out prior to going through immigration. No one thereafter asked to see it or took it from us.

That exact same thing happened to us leaving Cancun right after going through security. Made us fill out a form that the print was so tiny you almost needed a magnifying glass to read, then nobody bothered to take the form. We tried to hand the completed form back to them but they just shook their head. We had the completed electronic version on our phones on the way down in Coz but nobody checked that either.

We were given that form by the United Airlines check-in agent at the Cozumel airport for the return trip through Houston. We were asked to fill out prior to going through immigration. No one thereafter asked to see it or took it from us.

I was wondering the same thing. When we were just about to hit the security area there was a massive accumulation of people trying to get the app to work and show the QR code. I quickly filled out the paper form (United too). She took a look and off we went. It seemed there was quite a lot of unhappy rushed people trying to get the app to work.
So I'm sitting waiting for the flight by the gate and a United rep asked to see my passport to do the stamp check to make sure we have not been to China/Russia etc. He mentioned that I don't need the Covid form anymore....??? I mean why even bother? It cost me cramming myself in with dozens of people to fill the stupid thing out, why o'why are we required to do such useless things that most of the time accomplish the opposite of "slowing the spread"?

I was wondering the same thing. When we were just about to hit the security area there was a massive accumulation of people trying to get the app to work and show the QR code. I quickly filled out the paper form (United too). She took a look and off we went. It seemed there was quite a lot of unhappy rushed people trying to get the app to work.
So I'm sitting waiting for the flight by the gate and a United rep asked to see my passport to do the stamp check to make sure we have not been to China/Russia etc. He mentioned that I don't need the Covid form anymore....??? I mean why even bother? It cost me cramming myself in with dozens of people to fill the stupid thing out, why o'why are we required to do such useless things that most of the time accomplish the opposite of "slowing the spread"?
I would hazard a guess that you are dealing with more than one entity, and the one that is in charge with giving you the form doesn't know whether or not the one responsible for taking or reading it is doing that, so they give it to you to cover their butt.

My wife and I will be heading to Cozumel the end of February as well and this will be our first time staying on the island. We are both proficient divers and would like to find a dive operator that caters more to experience divers versus newer divers. I am not sure if this exists but thought I would throw it out to the group.
Try Julio Kin VIP Diving He is a small operator but very experienced and identifies quickly just how experienced a diver is and adjusts to that. We started using him at Dive Paradise and when Apple ( Owner of DP ) died he went out on his own. He is awesome!

My daughter met me in Cozumel and did the bag drag both ways earlier this month. . She hired a private driver from the airport to the ferry back again. Both trips on the ferry were on weekdays with Ultramar. She said it was not crowded and she was able to be outside. I was happy to hear given the ferry horror stories just days before she arrived. Given the apparent demise of Mayair and the big expense of FlyCozumel, the ferry was her only option. It ended up working well.

My wife and I will be heading to Cozumel the end of February as well and this will be our first time staying on the island. We are both proficient divers and would like to find a dive operator that caters more to experience divers versus newer divers. I am not sure if this exists but thought I would throw it out to the group.
I'll be there Feb 20-27 diving with Bottomtimedivers.net 6 pack boat so far I'm only diver that week but a friend living on island will probably join me. Almost all of Raul's customers are repeat divers so experience is the norm on his boat.

Deep Blue Deep Blue dive shop, scuba diving in Cozumel, Mexico

I created it and still the best of ever diver with 9 boats. 6 per boat.More times than I like to remember we took out three boats with just two divers on each boat. I no longer own or manage it but Aldora still does a vary good job of placing like divers on the same 6 pax max boat. I created it and as best I know Aldora still operates under the guidance I gave it.

Dave Dillehay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom