Dive plans for 2021 during Covid-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same as last year for me.
Check forecast during the week and dive Sat and Sunday if the Ocean god allows it. Last weekend was good, this one coming up not very promising.
As of 0538 this morning, NOAA broadcasted a "small craft advisory from 4pm this afternoon through Sat morning". Will continue monitoring and hope for the best.
Worst case, I'll look forward to the following weekend, and continue my love/hate with NOAA for the rest of the year.

One thing I'm planning to change this year is to keep some notes. Don't want to call it a dive or boat log because I'm allergic to those.
Just a very informal free-form dive-boat hybrid page with date for the outing and if it ended in diving or just riding. My memory is not getting better and neither is my husband's. Typically the answer to when did you dive last? tends to be last Sat or Sunday, but when bad weather comes in and I go more than 2 weeks dry, I can't tell for sure if it was 2 or 3 weeks ago, it always feels an eternity so I decided to start taking notes.
Not sure if I'll manage to continue for the whole year but I'll give it a shot.

Hoping to get the vaccine sometime in 2021, then to resume diving. Unless I catch the plague before then. In which case, resume diving after recovery.

I'll do a couple east coast trips. Then either a week in Marathon or Cozumel - undecided.

Coz in March, that's booked. For rest of year? Flower Gardens, Texas Clipper and who knows? My 2 sons dive with me so I have pay for 3 everywhere I go.

I won't travel until I have been vaccinated and even then will be watching and waiting to see what the world looks like. I have deposit down on Indonesia LOB for Oct, but I won't make additional payment or commit any time soon. Best reasonable case for me is travel to Caymans, Cozumel, Bonaire sometime this summer. I will only make new reservations on a credit card that I can cancel for a refund. Its hard to make plans when many countries are still closed and New York vaccinations are racing ahead at a rate that would take about 4 years to cover the whole state population.

Coz for a week in July

Maybe Bonaire in June. Socorro in December.

I just booked my annual Spring Dive Trip to Cozumel. I am waiting for news of Grand Cayman reopening too for a Summer Dive Trip.

My year will be the usual. Driving to various diving spots around the Great Lakes region. Have some more training planned.

Same here, just local diving is the plan. But who knows maybe I can sneak somewhere and see how the warm water high VIS divers are doing.

Same here, just local diving is the plan. But who knows maybe I can sneak somewhere and see how the warm water high VIS divers are doing.

I’m fortunate that I now have a site 3 hours away (without bad weather) that I can dive at least one a month through the winter. I’m hoping the local quarry opens in early April, as is usual. It was June last year.

Forgot to mention - ice diving class next month. Doing it up in WI, which I hope will have more ice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom