All in one gear maintenance tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the 5" Knipex in my dive kit. It's tiny and just the right size for most scuba gear. I'd never heard of the brand until I saw an electrician working on my house using them. I think I had a tool-gasm when I saw it!
Nice tool kit. Mine is a bit of the kitchen sink plus a spare reg set. I like the velcro to bundle the cord. I might steal that for some cord in my in water kit.

Knipex are nice. They have a slight redesign with etched size markings showing how open the jaws are for their larger ones that is a really high-quality feel and has new streamlined comfort grips, but that has not worked down to the smaller versions yet.

86 05 250 Knipex 10 inch PLIERS WRENCH - COMFORT GRIP *NEW DESIGN*

Yep knipex makes GREAT stuff. Channellock makes nice thin jaw adjustable wrenches. Bondhus hex wrenches are good and reasonably priced for made-in-usa tools.

Stainless Leatherman Wave is worth considering too, especially if you get the extra driver bits for it.
+1 on Channellock thin wrench, I have one and love it. Also opens wide enough to take a DIN plug off a tank valve if you pressurize it accidentally
upload_2021-1-2_19-16-25.jpeg

+1 on Channellock thin wrench, I have one and love it. Also opens wide enough to take a DIN plug off a tank valve if you pressurize it accidentallyView attachment 633928

That’s the one I have two of.

I have the 5" Knipex in my dive kit. It's tiny and just the right size for most scuba gear. I'd never heard of the brand until I saw an electrician working on my house using them. I think I had a tool-gasm when I saw it!

Another plus that they are thin enough that they can fit between a first stage and a Shearwater transmitters. Also the next size up can also fit too. I keep the smallest size, and the next size up in my scuba took kit. Those two handle all the wrench duties except for the Scubapro nuts.

Save your money and don't buy any junky scuba multitool. Here is what I suggest for a starter kit:

6" adjustable crescent wrench
Set of alan wrenches
Gerber Multi-tool (or similar leatherman)
Standard scuba o-ring assortment

Crescent 6" Adjustable Black Oxide Wrench - Carded - AT26VS - - Amazon.com
EKLIND 10111 Hex-L Key allen wrench - 11pc set SAE Inch Sizes .050-1/4 Short series - - Amazon.com
Gerber MP600 Multi-Plier, Needle Nose, Stainless [07530] - Gerber Multitool - Amazon.com
Amazon.com : Innovative Scuba Concepts Save a Dive O Ring Kit 1 Pieces, RB828 : Sports & Outdoors

That will take care of most issues you will have on a dive excursion.

If you want to really take care of business put together something like this:

View attachment 633925

Save a Dive Kit
1 Pelican 1120 Case {7" x 5"x 3.5")
2 Gerber MultiTool with Pliers
3 Small MultiTools with Sissors
4 Knipex 5" adjustable wrench
5 Cresent Wrench 6"
6 Small Philips/Flat screwdriver
7 Dental picks for Oring removal
8 Hex wench set (7 pcs)
9 Electrical Tape (waterproof)
10 Velcro strips (6 pcs)
11 Bungie cord (1/8" 6ft)
12 Silver Sharpie
13 Oring Kits (2 w/various)
14 Plugs for 1st Stages (lp/hp)
15 O2 Lube
16 Silicone Lube
17 Mineral Oil (small vial)
18 USA Quarter (shearwater battery cap)
19 IP Guage
20 LP Air Nozzle
21 QC6 Connector (offboard gas)
22 SPG 1" button guage
23 DIN Inserts (x2)
24 SPG spools (x2)
25 Overpressure valve
26 Super Glue
27 Double Ender clip 3"
28 Quick Links & S-Biner clips
29 Small Zip Ties (x20)
30 Q-Tips

That is a nice kit.

Actually the Shearwater battery caps were made with the Canadian Loonie coin in mind. Using a quarter will eventually sort of strip the slot. That’s why a blue token thingy is included with the computers of the proper size. I saved a Loonie or two fro when I visited Ontario in 2019 and have them in my save a dive kit.

Actually the Shearwater battery caps were made with the Canadian Loonie coin in mind. Using a quarter will eventually sort of strip the slot. That’s why a blue token thingy is included with the computers of the proper size. I saved a Loonie or two fro when I visited Ontario in 2019 and have them in my save a dive kit.

After Eleven years of changing batteries in five Shearwaters (2 Predators, 2 Petrels, 1 Perdix) none of my battery covers are damaged. So whatever...

Back
Top Bottom