Ultramar Ferry suspended for exceeding capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While walking off the pier in PDC a M16 equipped Solider told someone to lift up their mask. Only noticed as I was checking out the high cap mag Oooohhhh. And the old style Vietnam heat shield. Retro baby.
A couple years ago I saw one without a forward assist.

And while I’ve redirected this thread..... on the initial ride over to coz while sitting in line at PDC I swear I saw a soldier who’s sidearm was a revolver. It had to be, no way that grip was an auto. “Sidearm” being carried in a chest holster with the grip sticking out. Neat.

That is good if they are actually letting first class passengers line up to board separately. I was surprised when I bought tickets the first time that first class tickets were only about $2 more than the standard. Then I boarded and saw there was no difference between the two tickets once you got in line and boarded. If they are now keeping separate lines it would be well worth the extra few dollars to be in the shorter line.

fetch
Two days prior to Christmas! Is your local store as safe?

https://theriderspace.com/filedata/fetch?filedataid=5570&type=thumb

[edit] -having linking issues..sorry
B777B4A4-6D0B-49F4-B0C6-5140DDEAD921
On this new board, it usually works much easier to just copy & paste photos.

Two days prior to Christmas! Is your local store as safe?

https://theriderspace.com/filedata/fetch?filedataid=5570&type=thumb
Invalid File Specified. Don't use that IMG code if you don't know how. :D

That is good if they are actually letting first class passengers line up to board separately. I was surprised when I bought tickets the first time that first class tickets were only about $2 more than the standard. Then I boarded and saw there was no difference between the two tickets once you got in line and boarded. If they are now keeping separate lines it would be well worth the extra few dollars to be in the shorter line.
Are they? The photos of the lines I am seeing would ruin a trip for me. Travel is supposed to be an adventure, not a punishment.

Are they? The photos of the lines I am seeing would ruin a trip for me. Travel is supposed to be an adventure, not a punishment.[/QUOTE]

Since my wife and I both still work, and live in Montana, we have to accept some compromises in order to get in 2 to 3 scuba trips a year. While I would certainly prefer to fly into Cozumel direct, our schedules and flight availability just don't allow it. We have found the bag drag to be an acceptable burden in order to dive in Cozumel.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A significant thread derail has been moved to a new thread here: TSA Frustrations

Back to the ferry discussion: after speaking to friends that live in Coz, they feel the ferry from Playa is worst in the morning. You have the locals coming to work, as well as tourists in Playa coming to dive, snorkel, etc. When we arrive we usually catch the 7 PM ferry. Hopefully they are correct and at that time we are going against the flow of traffic, so not as crowded.

We're sliding into a normally slower time of the season, thankfully - confirmed Covid cases on the island and Q Roo have gone up quite a bit lately and I think with the normal slow time, the ferries and active cases will all fix themselves before high season in March.

There was a big slackening and a lot of tourists here over the holidays - a lot - quite times for the next 6 weeks will be welcomed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom